Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-14-2003 13:11:09

Comparisons of CCP5 to Miva Merchant?

Anyone have experience with Miva Merchant?
I don't know enough about store programs to spot significant differences.
Miva comes with a hosting plan I will be getting so I want to know if I could use it and migrate to CCP 5 later, or is that penny wise, pound foolish?

#2 04-14-2003 14:40:05

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Comparisons of CCP5 to Miva Merchant?

Hi Charlie.  I'll let the other users speak to CCP5 vs. Miva.  Let me just tell you that we've got plenty of converts.  Whatever you decide, I'd make the choice I want to stick with.  Doing a full switch after the fact will make you lose a little sleep...

Nick Hendler
Webmaster, Kryptronic, Inc.

Nick Hendler

#3 04-14-2003 16:06:28

>Hi Charlie.  I'll let the
>other users speak to CCP5
>vs. Miva.  Let me
>just tell you that we've
>got plenty of converts. 
>Whatever you decide, I'd make
>the choice I want to
>stick with.  Doing a
>full switch after the fact
>will make you lose a
>little sleep...
>
>___________________________
>
>Nick Hendler
>Webmaster, Kryptronic, Inc.

ZZZZ, ZZZZ . .. what? Oh, yeah I hate losing sleep.

I am impressed enough with your active support of your product and the helpful sharing in these forums. I can see me needing it to get going.

Well I want to make a move this week so any third party endorsements or caveats are welcome - guys??

#4 04-15-2003 21:21:57

WayneK
Website

Having worked with both I would make these observations.

Miva and CCP are aimed at different markets. Miva towards hosting services that wish to provide a cart and CCP towards individuals or web site developers.

Miva as of version 4.14 is compiled. You cannot make changes to the source code. That being said, Miva will work out of the box but you may need/want to install 3rd party modules in order to make fuctional and cosmetic changes. CCP on the other hand can be customized to your hearts content by editing elements or the source code directly. Some knowledge of HTML and maybe perl is handy. But it isn't that difficult.

Miva itself charges for support. Investigate the support your Miva host will supply. I have found this forum to be all the support I need.

I have my frustrations about both, but CCP wins because I can do something about it myself when I need to.

- Wayne
<-- Witty Clever Phrase Goes Here -->

#5 04-17-2003 20:50:35

Lisaweb

Miva is boring.  CCP is intriguing.  'Nuf said.

Lisa

#6 04-21-2003 20:31:37

CCP is mucho better. Miva's charges are substantial to get any help. I think they only offer first 15 minutes free, after that you won't get to far before you're spending hundreds.
CCP will probably do all you want without any extra cost. It's got plenty of features and is easily customizable. If that's not enough the forum pushes it over the top of any cart on the mart.

#7 04-25-2003 11:00:16

>CCP is mucho better. Miva's charges
>are substantial to get any
>help. I think they only
>offer first 15 minutes free,
>after that you won't get
>to far before you're spending
>hundreds.
>CCP will probably do all you
>want without any extra cost.
>It's got plenty of features
>and is easily customizable. If
>that's not enough the forum
>pushes it over the top
>of any cart on the
>mart.

Hi
I am currently running with MIVA and keep getting a problem with it, now as its cost myself and my business partner £300 a year and there has been a lot of downtime we are looking about..
Honestly if there is someone from this Clikcart out there and think they can convice us, as right now we are actually annoyed with our shop being down again.. please do.
we are at wwwsubliminalmuzik.com and as ya can see the shops down:(

AHHHHHHHH....lol

Peace
Dizzy@dnbstreet.co.uk

Board footer