Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-24-2003 00:39:20

changing category items fields

For CCP 4.0, in the category view where all the thumbnails of items are displayed....

The URL link underneath each thumbnail displays the Product Number, Product Name and Product Price.

I would like to change the URL link display so that it substitutes the Product Price with the $product_shipping_method_three_price field.

Everything else would stay the same.  What's the best way to do this?

#2 01-28-2003 10:04:02

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: changing category items fields

You can edit that link in ./cgi-bin/library/modules/site_store_small_display.pl.  The routine in in the middle of the perl file.

Nick Hendler
Webmaster, Kryptronic, Inc.

Nick Hendler

#3 01-29-2003 00:38:04

I edited the Sub Site Store Small Display Cell section of site_store_small_display.pl file with the following changes.  It looks to be that the field $product_shipping_method_three_price is being not being read in correct.  I am getting "0" for the $product_shipping_method_three_price field.  That field is being populated with a number on each product.

here's my modification to code

if ($product_price eq "0.00") {

print <<ENDOFTEXT;
<A HREF="$common_url&pg=store&sub_pg=prod&ref=$product_ref_no">$product_number - $product_name</A>
ENDOFTEXT

} else {

print <<ENDOFTEXT;
<A HREF="$common_url&pg=store&sub_pg=prod&ref=$product_ref_no">$product_number - $product_name  - $currency_symbol$product_shipping_method_three_price</A>
ENDOFTEXT

} ######### End of if statement.

#4 02-01-2003 00:03:34

webmaster
Administrator
Website

$product_shipping_method_three_price is not passed to that routine.  Why would you want the shipping price there instead of the product price?

Nick Hendler

Nick Hendler

#5 02-01-2003 01:19:36

Client wants to show a per unit price so that it is easier to compare to other stores.  Unit price is like when you go shopping at the grocery store, and you see it shows you $/lb or $/oz.

I am putting the unit price field into the third shipping method price field and trying to place it into the link.

What would I need to do to pass the $product_shipping_method_three_price field or is there another available field I can use that is already passed in the routine?

#6 02-06-2003 17:14:53

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We just custom coded this for you.  Thanks.

Nick Hendler

Nick Hendler

Board footer