Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-30-2002 06:57:50

wkozeny

Zero Byte data files upon access

Setup went without any problem.  In fact, the program worked fine for a couple of weeks.  Now, it seems that any data file that the scripts access is "wiped" and goes to zero bytes.  For example, the admin_user.db file goes to zero bytes upon an attempt to login now.  The generated HTML of the login page gives the following error on load:

line: 53
character: 54
error:  unterminated string constant
code: 0

Again, these phenomena did not occur immediately after setup - the script worked fine, but cropped up recently.  I observe that another script from a different vendor has this "zero byte upon data access" phenomenon occurring now as well.  My server config is not changed since installation, though.

Any ideas?

#2 08-30-2002 07:03:55

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Zero Byte data files upon access

I know this one!  Check your disk space on your server.  I bet you're out.  It sounds like programs cannot write out files on the server which is typical of an out of space problem.  Either clean up some unused files or get your host to bump up your quota or install a larger hdd.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-30-2002 13:14:22

Re: Zero Byte data files upon access

Yep, that was it.  Out of disk space.  Thanks for your help and sorry for my stupidity!

Board footer