Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-30-2002 08:00:30

CCP5 Product Options?

With CCP5 will we be able to have more than 30 option values for one option?

I need to have 50 values for one option right now and the list will be growing soon. As of now with CCP4 I have to divide my list into two separate products ( A-I & J-Z) so my customers have a chance to order all of my products. Then I have to do this for each size and style I offer. I know CCP5 will do allot of what I need from a shopping cart so I am grateful for that. I would think with MySQL I should be able to have as many values for one option that I can through at it. Right?

But how do we add more values to an option?

I know you don't have much to do today ;-) , but this has been a burning question of mine.

Thanks for putting out a great shopping cart. :7

Thom
wwwnorthstar3c.com

#2 07-30-2002 08:08:16

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: CCP5 Product Options?

Every CSV table has a config file.  The one for the options is named config_optionprod.csv.  There's a line in that file that looks like this:

optionprod_display_value,SYSTEM,Option Values,255,N,TEXTAREA-OPTIONS,30|optionprod|optionsel|optionsel_option,,N

Just change the '30' in there to '50' or whatever.  You can do that at any time, even after you have added options and selection items, etc.

All of the admin displays are generic in this version with virtually every database table using it's own config file to tell the scripts how the table is set up and how to handle different data displays and updates.  We were able to cut the code by 80% by handling the data interactions this way.

Nick Hendler

#3 07-30-2002 08:25:16

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! smile

Your the greatest!!!!! :7

Thom

#4 07-30-2002 09:18:43

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We try.  It's issues like those that we tried to anticipate while coding the new version.

Nick Hendler

Board footer