Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-17-2002 21:55:41

diyoha

status notification question

Hello,

I noticed (and my client as well) that when an order does not go through because of a credit card issue no one gets notified!
(credit card issue might include wrong address etc.)

That has caused my client over $2000 in lost orders since the shopping cart sells classes online.

Is there a way to setup the cart to get notified with every order successful or unsuccessful. That way my client has the option to contact the person trying to make a payment.

thanks

David

#2 07-18-2002 06:50:31

Re: status notification question

I suggest you at least check the order status in admin each day. If a person goes through the checkout process but doesn't do all the steps with your processing partner the order will not be processed and no email will be sent, but it'll at least write a pending order file with the information that was entered on the form.

#3 07-18-2002 09:34:47

On a handful of occasions, I've run into situations where the order is approved by the online payment processor, however for some reason or another, I'm assuming the return trip back to the cart for the status changing / email notification does not happen because of the customer not waiting for the process to finish *completely*.  Thus, on my payment processors site, I have a completed order, and on my CCP site, I have an incompleted order.
I think integrating your payment processors API (if one is available) directly into CCP would help prevent this, as there would be no need to jump back and forth between your site and your payment processors site, but that would require some significany programming and access to a secure socket on your server.

#4 07-20-2002 09:09:25

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the input kevbo.  The problem with using the API is you'll need LWP with an SSL perl module and a secure server.  90% of our users don't have this setup and don't want to pay their hosts to set it up.  It would work, though.

Nick Hendler

#5 07-23-2002 05:39:47

diyoha

Hello,

What I am looking for is a way to get notified at every step in the process (with the ability to turn this on or off)

For example. When a user is done with the first part of the process (selecting products, entering information) I would like to get an email notification telling me that. Then when the user is done with the online payment processor part of the process I would like to get an email telling me if it was sucessful or rejected.

The idea is it would give me a much easier way to determine if my system is working correctly and where things are going wrong.

With the current system I do not get notified on anything but a successful order. That is good but if things are not working well (as is the case now) I have no way of figuring out what is causing the problems. I don't know if there is a problem with my clicart pro installation/setup, I don't know if there is a problem at the processor!

Is there an easy to to implement what I mentioned above? Is that in the new CCP5?

thanks

David

#6 07-23-2002 05:32:01

diyoha

>On a handful of occasions, I've run into situations where the
>order is approved by the online payment processor,
This is not the problem I am experiencing. I am getting a large number of people who signed up went though the whole process and (apparently) their  cards were rejected. Now in the case of a rejected card I would also like to get email notification! That way I can follow up with the person trying to make the order.

>I think integrating your payment processors
>API (if one is available) directly into CCP would help
>prevent this,
I think clickcart pro does this for you if you whave ssl setup. However we do not have this setup on our server yet.

David

Board footer