Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-29-2002 12:58:50

Editing scripts

We're up and running, and everything works fine.

I'm still confused about editing scripts, though -- like if I want to create a custom shipping policy.

I have ftp only access, and I normally use the Fetch (Mac) program to upload & download stuff.

For the shopping site, do I find a script through Fetch, download it and change it and upload it, or do I find it somewhere in the installation package?

I've looked through Fetch, but can't find anything that looks like a script associated with my shopping cart program.

The permissions are all set correctly.

#2 04-30-2002 07:14:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Editing scripts

Yes, login via FTP, browse to your cgi-bin folder, find the script you want to edit, download it to your computer, make changes to it, then upload it back to the same spot.

The script you need to edit will be:

./cgi-bin/library/custom/site_store_shipping_custom.pl

Nick Hendler

#3 04-30-2002 09:33:29

I have three options on the ftp transfer menu:  auto, binary or ascii.  Which do I use.

I'm very happy with your software, by the way, and your support is also first class. Thanks for the great work.

#4 04-30-2002 10:19:31

Adam

>I have three options on the
>ftp transfer menu:  auto,
>binary or ascii.  Which
>do I use.

for scripts _always_ use ascii mode
I'm too a Fetch/Mac user :-)

#5 05-01-2002 09:12:45

Gratifying to hear you use a Mac. That helps explain, at least to me, why your software is so cool.

#6 05-01-2002 15:14:27

>Gratifying to hear you use a
>Mac. That helps explain, at
>least to me, why your
>software is so cool.

I won't say anything...;-)

Board footer