Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-21-2018 08:14:25

Sproz

strange things happening-HELP!

Hi.
Our site wwwkitchenfoods.co.uk seems to be broken! strange things have started happening and I need help! some pages simply return to the main page and I cannot access the checkout?? in addition its now gone to the mobile site and cannot switch back!!
I would appreciate if someone could try and view the shopping cart and suggests a fix!!

#2 11-21-2018 09:19:00

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: strange things happening-HELP!

There's a redirect issue.  You need to contact your host to resolve.  If they are not responsive, submit a support ticket with us and we can move your site to Kryptronic Managed Hosting and fix it.

https://kryptronic.com/Form/TECHTICKET

Nick Hendler

#3 11-21-2018 16:17:05

Sproz

Thanks Nick.
Is there any admin settings that could be causing this? My wife is terrible for clicking things! The host says no issues at there end. It seems to be that the product pages work fine but things like cookie info and other left hand menu items including log in and cart contents don't work?

#4 11-21-2018 16:34:10

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If I were debugging, I'd look at a possible .htaccess file issue (bad rewrite, bad redirect) or a DNS-based redirect issue.  The webserver could be malfunctioning, but the host ruled out issues with the server - so that leaves configuration.

Nick Hendler

#5 11-21-2018 16:51:17

Sproz

Is it worth reinstalling? To the best of our knowledge we haven't touched a thing. It just stopped working and I have no idea what to do!

#6 11-22-2018 08:02:15

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If it just stopped working, then a resinstall won't do anything.  A reinstall would fix something you broke/changed in the software (but you say you didn't do anything).  Submit a support ticket here and we can help:

https://kryptronic.com/Form/TECHTICKET

Nick Hendler

#7 11-23-2018 07:38:41

Sproz

Hi Nick,
I've just tried re-installing everything bar the databases and as you said it hasn't fixed it. I've just experienced what the wife had the other day; whilst clicking around the site it jumps into mobile mode and you cannot switch back? is this a clue?

#8 11-23-2018 08:22:35

Sproz

Hi Nick,
Further update, the host has fixed it but does have a question, see his response below;

I believe I have located the cause of the redirects a code in your hteccess file:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^([0-9a-zA-Z]+)$ /Webdirect.php?link=$1 [L]
</IfModule>

I have now removed this from your .htaccess file and the pages appear to be working properly after I have cleared my cache and cookies.

It appears that the redirects were connected with those two files the my colleague pointed out   "e2.php" and "Webdirect.php" if the providers of the application don't recognize those two files and the site doesn't need them I would recommend deleting them.

If the pages are still not loading properly on your end please clear your local dns and browser cache and try again after.

#9 11-23-2018 08:26:14

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Neither 'webdirect,php' nor 'e2.php' are scripts that ship with our software.  I recommend contacting our custom shop immediately and requesting a malware scan and full check of the site to be sure everything is OK.  Having a redirect and PHP scripts show up on your server that you didn't put there indicates a problem you need to address right away.  Here at Kryptronic we monitor our servers for changes like this.

Nick Hendler

#10 11-23-2018 09:34:53

Sproz

Thanks Nick,
That was my concern too.
Many thanks for your help

Board footer