Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-27-2018 07:38:40

sdn

Customising Email Messages

Hi

How can we edit the text at the top of customer order email messages?

In CCP8 we simply added text like "<p>Thank you for placing an order request with <?php print $site_name; ?>.  " to Dashboard / System / Mail / Mail Messages but the php is not working in K9.

I see that text is also being included in the messages by another part of the software "Thank you for your QE order. Below are the details for your order. You will receive order updates via email as we complete your order."

It would appear that we should be doing this differently in K9. Please can you explain how we can customise this text and also include other information like our phone number and email address.

Thanks

Last edited by sdn (09-27-2018 07:39:38)

Simon

#2 09-27-2018 09:07:38

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Customising Email Messages

Take a look at where you're editing under Mail Messages.  There are two input boxes - one for the text version of the message, and a second for the html version of the message.  I'm thinking you're just editing the text version, and when you're getting the email, you're seeing the html version by default.

Nick Hendler

#3 09-28-2018 02:23:15

sdn

I understand that but not where the text "Thank you for your "company name" order. Below are the details for your order. You will receive order updates via email as we complete your order." is generated or stored. I assume that $this->globals('ecom.mail_msgtype','CUSTOMER'); pulls it in but where do I find "ecom.mail_msgtype','CUSTOMER"?

Also, the code <?php print $site_name; ?> does not work in K9. What code is needed to pull in the company name and phone number?

Last edited by sdn (09-28-2018 02:25:07)

Simon

#4 09-28-2018 07:23:23

webmaster
Administrator
Website

All order mails are generated by one of two includes in {private}/apps/ecom/ECOM/includes.  The files are ordersummarytxt.php and ordersummaryxhtml.php.  You can get those variables from globals as in:

Code:

<p>Please call <?php print $this->globals('core_settings.core.site_name'); ?> at <?php print $this->globals('core_settings.core.siteownerphone'); ?> if you have questions.</p>

Nick Hendler

Board footer