Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-11-2018 14:11:45

gfrracing
Website

Purchase Order on Dropship

Nick     When you Create Purchase Order for a Dropship is their a way to upload and attach a shipping label to that Purchase Order when it is E-Mail to the Vendor ?

Thanks, Gary

Last edited by gfrracing (07-11-2018 14:28:34)

#2 07-11-2018 17:00:08

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Purchase Order on Dropship

No.  Interesting feature request, though.  I think lgt might be interested in the same thing as he tells the shipper/vendor how to ship goods and provides labels as well, I think.  That territory hasn't been covered, but you could upload a PNG label image to your site somewhere via FTP and include a link to it in the PO notes section.  That might solve what you're looking to do now while we figure out if this should be part of K9.  Any other comments from other users on this?

Nick Hendler

#3 07-12-2018 05:22:34

lgt
Website

It would be GREAT if the PO could have attachments.  How difficult would that be?

For various reasons we provide the shipping label on most of our drop shipped items.

#4 07-12-2018 07:01:48

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The way things get put into Kryptronic eCommerce is by clients like you sponsoring pieces like this that end up in the software.  Update 9.0.3 is finalized and releasing soon.  This would be a good candidate for 9.1.0.  What do we need?  One attachment, multiple attachments?  Attachment types - jpg, png, pdf?

Nick Hendler

#5 07-12-2018 11:06:38

gfrracing
Website

Nick   Something else is on a Dropship Order my Vendors charge a Dropship Fee on each order. Wish their was a way to add that fee in also. But I send Shipping Labels on all my Dropship Orders.  One attachment, multiple attachments?  Attachment types - jpg, png, pdf ?. I don't see me using all of these all the time but it would be nice to have them if you need them.

What's in 9.0.3 ?

Thanks, Gary

Last edited by gfrracing (07-12-2018 11:36:06)

#6 07-13-2018 09:09:31

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You could add that fee in by modifying the order in the POS and adding a fee to it (either as an item addition to the order, or as a positive order adjustment in checkout.

9.0.3 has about 60 changes in it right now, and when we release it in a few weeks, it should have around 80 changes in it.  Most of what is in this next update is requests from clients for functionality to speed up or automate tasks on the backend.  There are a few speed and SEO enhancements, a few security updates, and a couple of feature additions.  It's a well rounded update without many big ticket items in it.  9.0.3 will be the first K9 release available to people who don't already use our software (new clients).

Nick Hendler

#7 07-13-2018 10:03:50

gfrracing
Website

It would be Nice if Dropship Fee was in the Dropship System when making a PO. Just Like the upload a Shipping Label Attach to it. But if I do it in the POS System the Order is Modified and the Customer see that the Order was Modified. then they are going to ask what was Modified on their Order.

Gary

#8 07-13-2018 15:35:14

webmaster
Administrator
Website

So you want to add a fee-based item onto a customer's order, bill them for the additional fee, and not send them any information to that effect until they receive their shipment confirmation?  You could use the Increase Shipping Total function to do that prior to sending the PO to the shipper.

Nick Hendler

#9 07-14-2018 03:15:09

lgt
Website

Nick wrote:

The way things get put into Kryptronic eCommerce is by clients like you sponsoring pieces like this that end up in the software.  Update 9.0.3 is finalized and releasing soon.  This would be a good candidate for 9.1.0.  What do we need?  One attachment, multiple attachments?  Attachment types - jpg, png, pdf?

As we discussed the other day, I've always looked for ways through upgrades, mods, custom mods, and now hosting services to support Kryptronic.

What would be nice, REALLY, REALLY nice,is a print-to-file driver to allow Stamps.com/UPS/FedEx label to be stored in the database and attached to the P.O.  Maybe that is asking a bit much?

Last edited by lgt (07-15-2018 10:15:16)

#10 07-14-2018 08:05:52

webmaster
Administrator
Website

What would be nice, REALLY, REALLY nice,is a print-to-file driver to allow Stamps.com/UPS/FedEx label to be stored in the database and attached to the P.O.  Maybe that is asking a bit much?

Looking into this.Otherwise the info would have to be copied into one of those systems to get a label to send to the vendor for shipping.  I'm thinking using online APIs would work better.  I know FedEx will send back a PNG label if you ask.  Looking into FedEx and UPS.   Ideally, I think we would add in attachment functionality to POs then extend that with the ability to get a label via online API and attach that.

Keep the thoughts coming.

Nick Hendler

#11 07-17-2018 09:33:24

gfrracing
Website

webmaster wrote:

So you want to add a fee-based item onto a customer's order, bill them for the additional fee, and not send them any information to that effect until they receive their shipment confirmation?  You could use the Increase Shipping Total function to do that prior to sending the PO to the shipper.

No  I do not Charge the Customer the extra Dropship Fee. The fee is a set fee. If their is 1 Item or 10 items on a Order the Dropship Fee is the same. It would be Nice when you make the Dropship PO if you could add the fee at that time.

Thanks, Gary

#12 07-17-2018 10:32:02

webmaster
Administrator
Website

What is the fee for, and who is it billable to?

Nick Hendler

#13 07-17-2018 12:04:59

gfrracing
Website

I just add it to a Account that I made Dropship Fee as a expense account. Vendor charges this Fee Like a Handling Fee for Drop Shipping.  But its a set amount. Per order. Say $5.00 for 1 item or 20 items per Dropship Order.

#14 07-18-2018 08:08:18

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If you're not charging the customer this fee, you should just be adding it to your accounting program (QuickBooks) when adding/paying bills the vendor sends you.  That is one that should stay out of K9, as it's not being billed to your customers.

Nick Hendler

Board footer