Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-08-2018 07:12:25

CrownRoyal

PayPal country filters and downloadable products

Hi Nick,

With K9, I still see that a customer can purchase a downloadable product and access it, even though their PayPal payment has not cleared due to an established country filter list in our PayPal settings.

Basically, they have not yet paid for the product but were able to download the product.

#2 06-08-2018 15:20:14

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: PayPal country filters and downloadable products

What is the response code that PayPal is sending back with those orders?  Pending?

Nick Hendler

#3 06-09-2018 05:15:11

CrownRoyal

Where would I find that response code Nick?

#4 06-11-2018 08:20:13

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I believe PayPal has that info, but I just wanted to confirm they were being sent back from PayPal as 'Pending' status and not 'Completed'.  We will assume 'Pending' without looking, that's what they are likely coming back as.

I've just dug into the PayPal module and it looks like we're going to have to add something in version 9.0.3 for this.  The software has never differentiated between different PayPal statuses, but in the case of downloads, I can see that needs to be done.  So this is being added into the next update, which I already have scheduled to publish to your site when it's ready.

I think the way to best handle this is to throw these orders into review during processing and to ensure orders under review do not auto-complete at time of purchase when they have only digital items.

Nick Hendler

Board footer