Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-25-2018 05:53:59

sdn

Continue Shopping Button Action

The Continue Shopping button always seems to take you to the home page. I thought with V8 that it took you back to the last product added or is that just my memory playing up? Could it be coded to work like that or is it going to be horribly complicated?

Simon

#2 05-25-2018 08:39:47

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Continue Shopping Button Action

The Continue Shopping button always seems to take you to the home page.

It takes you back to the store home page (which if bypassed via settings is the home/splash page).

I thought with V8 that it took you back to the last product added or is that just my memory playing up?

V6/7/8 had a target setting where you could choose store home, last product viewed, last category viewed.

Could it be coded to work like that or is it going to be horribly complicated?

It was removed from K9 for good reason.  That button targeting different pages depending on when it was clicked actually caused confusion for customers.  In K9 we added the ability to add items via Ajax from both category and product offer pages.  Actual trips to the cart page are generally not from category and product offer pages any more (via add to cart, anyway).  So the button becomes more and more meaningless in K9, especially it's target.  So it was simplified because it's really rarely used and needed a single target to lessen confusion.

If you wanted to add it back in, you could compare the button generation code in the {private}/apps/ecom/ECOM/includes/cartdisplay.php file from both a K9 and V8.  You'll see how the link is formulated in V8 and (from memory) all that probably just drops into K9 (test, of course).

Nick Hendler

Board footer