Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-22-2018 06:00:17

CrownRoyal

customer gets "complete the contact information field"

I went on line and found your site and was wanting to order 2 items. I was trying to order them online and I kept getting the message that I needed to complete the contact information field. I could not locate where I was missing an item. I still want to order 2 items.

I get this message from a potential customer at least once a week. Where in the shopping process would the message "complete the contact information field" appear to the customer?

Thanks.

#2 04-22-2018 07:26:12

zanart

Re: customer gets "complete the contact information field"

If a user doesn't complete the Guest Checkout or Create New Account form when they checkout, they will receive this error message:

You did not complete all of the required fields before submitting this form. Fields missing data are highlighted. Please try again.

Any field they have missed will be highlighted in Red text so that it should be obvious to them what they need to do.

I don't think there is any error message that includes the text "complete the contact information field".

Best thing to do is create an order on your site and checkout as a guest. Leave a few obvious fields blank and click the Submit button to confirm the error message is received as detailed above and to confirm if the missing fields are highlighted.

We get this type of email every now and then, and it is always the user not completing the form.

Rob

#3 04-22-2018 07:28:45

CrownRoyal

Hi,
Yes, its usually in the Checkout page where they don't check the box we have for Terms and Conditions of Sale.  Of when they don't check an option for adding a product to cart.  I was just wondering if there was another area.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

#4 04-22-2018 09:04:53

zanart

if you have a look at the core_messages database table you will see all the error/confirm messages that are printed by the software(unless you have changed them).
There aren't any error messages that contain the word 'contact' so the user reporting this problem isn't reading the error message correctly.
I would ask them to double check for highlighted red fields and take a screenshot.

Rob

#5 04-23-2018 08:06:27

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I don't believe 'complete the contact information field' appears in any stock messages.  Perhaps the message text was changed.

Nick Hendler

#6 04-23-2018 09:23:59

CrownRoyal

The customer never got back to me.

Board footer