Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-01-2018 09:48:45

labdogmom

Still not showing up in search engines

Can anyone recommend an affordable company or individual to help me get on Google? It's been two months since I upgraded to V9 and although I've submitted my sitemaps, done the .htaccess, submitted everything to google search console, nothing is happening. Then Google adwords ripped me off and charged me 300.00 for clicks although according to my backend and also Google console, nobody clicked on anything. Google has indexed 1054 urls out of 3000+ urls and it's been that way for weeks. Bing, I don't know, they are showing 404 errors on things that I have deleted from the site before even going live but have indexed a few items, which when I search those items, they don't show up. When I go to google and in the searchbar type site:countrychicdecals.com, nothing but old and deleted products show up, nothing that I have now. I'm frustrated and losing any hope. SEO is turned on, my account numbers are on the site. Thank you in advance.

#2 03-01-2018 23:54:28

labdogmom

Re: Still not showing up in search engines

Regarding my .htaccess file, it is located in K-9 private, but you can't see it unless you do a search for it.  The site is located in Root/html.  This is the one I used.

Software Is Located In A Sub-Directory Like /directoryname

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
AddDefaultCharset Off
RewriteRule ^directoryname/index.php - [L,PT]
RewriteRule ^directoryname$ directoryname/index.php?COREseourl=/ [L,PT]
RewriteRule ^directoryname/$ directoryname/index.php?COREseourl=/ [L,PT]
RewriteRule ^directoryname/sitemap\.xml directoryname/utilities/sitemap.xml [L,PT]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/directoryname/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(xml|css|js|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|pdf)$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^directoryname/(.*) directoryname/index.php?COREseourl=/$1 [L,PT]

Should I replace it with this or am I correct as I have it that I'm not located in the Root:

Software Is Located In The Root Directory

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
AddDefaultCharset Off
RewriteRule ^index.php - [L,PT]
RewriteRule ^$ index.php?COREseourl=/ [L,PT]
RewriteRule ^/$ index.php?COREseourl=/ [L,PT]
RewriteRule ^sitemap\.xml utilities/sitemap.xml [L,PT]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(xml|css|js|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|pdf)$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php?COREseourl=/$1 [L,PT]

Thanks!

Last edited by labdogmom (03-01-2018 23:58:10)

#3 03-02-2018 01:02:28

Iceit88
Website

.htaccess should be in root not private

Bryan

Hat Trick Sports, LLC

#4 03-02-2018 08:51:14

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The .htaccess file in your private directory should read:

Code:

AuthName ByPassword
AuthUserFile /none/
AuthGroupFile /none/
AuthType Basic
Require valid-user

Don't change that or change it back.  Your .htaccess file in your web root needs to be added/changed.  That would need to contain the 'directoryname' variation you posted.  You would also need to enable Search Engine Optimized URLs using System / Component / Settings / Search Engine Optimization Settings and will want to ensure the SiteMap is on under System / Component / Settings / SiteMap.

Nick Hendler

#5 03-02-2018 08:52:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Beyond that, you might want to contact the Kryptronic Custom Shop to see if we can open a job for you to do a full SEO review.

Nick Hendler

#6 03-02-2018 09:13:22

labdogmom

Thank you! I sent you a pm.

#7 03-03-2018 19:11:50

csherwood123

Your site is currently throwing Internal Server Errors on almost anything you click on so it's hard to do a lot of analysis.

However, your site is a long way from truly optimized for SEO. Basic optimizations like site structure, meta tags, structured data, and content haven't been addressed. You also mentioned that you upgraded to V9. Did that upgrade involve URL changes of any kind?

Last edited by csherwood123 (03-03-2018 19:15:00)

#8 03-04-2018 02:00:10

labdogmom

Hi there! No url changes that I am aware of. I deleted tons of old items off of my v8 before going live on v9, added new items, updated descriptions on the items that were being transferred. I was having issues with my v8 before I upgraded, hoping that it would solve the problems.

Once I turn OFF seo, everything works. When I turn it on, I get the errors. So, it is now off and everything you click on the site is reachable. Thank you for helping me.

Last edited by labdogmom (03-04-2018 10:50:24)

#9 03-04-2018 21:54:23

csherwood123

I'm glad you think I helped; I'm not so sure I did. Yes, your site seems to be working now, but switching from SEO ON to SEO OFF is changing your entire URL structure. This is going to be a nightmare for the search engines in terms of indexing. Furthermore, NOTHING  is optimized for SEO now. Your URL and site structure are not going to do you any favors with the search engines (read that as you are not going to rank for anything organically anytime soon).

You really need to have Nick or somebody look at this and help you switch back to SEO ON with everything working. After you get there, you still have a lot of work to do, but that would be a huge first step and well worth the effort.

And I suspect your URLs may have changed from 8 to 9 - although I'm not familiar enough with 8 to comment on that. Perhaps Nick can comment. Nick, did upgrading from 8 to 9 change her URLs and site structure? If so, does the software take care of the appropriate 301 redirects or is that a manual process?

#10 03-04-2018 23:17:53

labdogmom

I submitted a support ticket. Actually, I paid Jeff to run the upgrade installation, I'm just a sign and sticker maker, a professional animal lover, and I'm excellent at math, but this stuff is so far over my head and things that seem super easy for most, those things baffle and make me look and feel pretty darn stupid. It's frustrating, I follow the manual that I was given and nothing works. I check the forums, praying that someone else had the same issue and there would be a solution posted, but that never works in my favor either because on the rare occasion when there is a similar problem, the post is ended with "sent pm" and that helps very little. My hair is getting grayer by the minute. I hope this is something simple, then I can focus on the optimization and what all goes with that, which I was under the impression that the site already did that automatically, but it must not. Thanks because you did help, I had no idea that the internal error was present. If there is a Kryptronic for Dummies book, please point me to it.

#11 03-05-2018 08:54:53

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I'm going to look at the ticket and follow up there.  I'll post back here when I have answers as to what happened.  Based on this forum thread, it's hard to tell if the URLs changed or not, but it's certain that SEO should be turned on and there's a .htaccess problem when it is on.  My guess is that the SEO is set up to pull from a subdirectory, and the software was moved to the root.  I will follow up.

Nick Hendler

#12 03-05-2018 08:59:01

labdogmom

Thank you Nick!

#13 03-05-2018 09:40:34

webmaster
Administrator
Website

OK.  Your K9 was installed in the web root.  You were editing a .htaccess file in an old /K9 directory, and had removed the .htaccess file from the web root.  This produced 404 (not found) errors, obviously.  Then you turned SEO off, which got the software at least working again.  Here's what I did to correct:

1. Removed your old /K9 directory, and archived a bunch of other old directories.
2. Created a .htaccess file in your web root which had accurate rules in it.  Also added a robots.txt with a sitemap entry.
3. Turned on SEO in the software.
4. Reset cron and re-generated sitemaps.

At this point Google has 5940 URLs indexed (correct K9 root SEO URLs), so I can only assume this was configured properly, then you decided to fix something, then broke it.  But it was all fixed between crawl cycles, which I assume are pretty far apart for your site. 

Search for 'site:countrychicdecals.com' in Google to vertify the URLs indexed.  So your issue is not that you're not showing up in search engines, it's that you're not showing up where you want to.  Or perhaps you were a bit premature in your assessments and your placement is correct at the present time.  I have no idea, but everything looks good from a setup standpoint.  And you're indexed heavily.

Jeff can help with further optimization/enhancement, and will address your other ticket in that regard separately.

Nick Hendler

#14 03-05-2018 23:43:33

labdogmom

Thank you Nick! You're the man!

#15 03-06-2018 08:19:28

webmaster
Administrator
Website

No problem.  It was very lucky that there was no impact at Google.  Just be patient and keep checking Google.  Beyond that, carefully optimize for your target keywords.

Nick Hendler

Board footer