Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-05-2018 10:27:49

Shopper

Suddenly shop stops sending emails

Hi,

we have EuropaCart v8.0.7: yesterday the shop was working without problems. Today emails cannot be sent with the following error message

"There was an error encountered when trying to send your email message. Perhaps an invalid email address was entered. Please try again."

We did not make any changes to the shop. How can we test, if the email address is correct?

Thanks

#2 02-05-2018 11:21:40

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Suddenly shop stops sending emails

Was PHP recently upgraded on the server?  If so, you may need to run the software installer and install/update PEAR modules to compensate.

Nick Hendler

#3 02-05-2018 14:12:02

Shopper

Even though PHP seems not to be upgraded or updated since yesterday, I ran the software installer until the Mail Configuration.
There I got the following error message

An error was encountered while sending the mail message over the Mail connection. Error Information: authentication failure [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 535, response: 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: UGFzc3dvcmQ6)]

The mail configuration is SMTP Server Connection.

I can send and receive internal and external mail messages. The two shops we have running seem to be the only software which cannot send emails. Not only order messages are not sent but also contact messages.

Any idea?

#4 02-05-2018 14:22:05

Shopper

I just changed the mail configuration to sendmail. With this setting mail sending is working - order confirmations arrive.
If you still have an idea why smtp mail configuration is not working it would make the shop setup perfect again.

#5 02-07-2018 08:16:21

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Your server may have been upgraded/changed.  Your SMTP server may now require authentication to send mail locally.  Check with your host.

Nick Hendler

Board footer