Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-22-2018 19:58:49

Uncletim
Website

The MySQL extension could not connect to the database.

Hi:

All of the sudden I am getting this error. I cannot access the admin panel to get in to take a look.

Here is the error

Script Execution Error

The MySQL extension could not connect to the database. MySQL reported the error as: Connection using old (pre-4.1.1) authentication protocol refused (client option 'secure_auth' enabled)

Any idea why it would not connect to the DB?

Thanks.

#2 01-23-2018 08:28:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: The MySQL extension could not connect to the database.

The error message is basically explaining it.  Without knowing much about what happened, I would assume MySQL was recently updated and is incompatible with the current version of PHP's mysql extension.

My first thought is to run the software installer and for the database connection type, change it from MySQL to MySQLi.  Then update your database access info and submit to test.  Any errors encountered will be reported to you.  If the change is accepted, you can close out the installer.  There's no need to update/change/install anything except the database type and access info.

Nick Hendler

Board footer