Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-14-2017 15:53:00

GlennMUK

Delivery Countries / Billing Countries

Hi guys

I limit all deliveries to UK and Ireland only.  I have turned off delivery to all other countries. (mostly for security / fraud reasons)

However, I have all other european countries able to contact me should they wish to.  (usecon in the country table in the DB) This is used for Billing Address (I think).  I allowed this as a lot of europeans work in UK or Ireland so they may still have their card details registered to their home address in the EU or may want to actually purchase items and then I could arrange a dedicated on-off sale/delivery to them if they wanted to put in a special request.

I have noticed that if I complete my billing details as a European country (France for example), I can then select 'Deliver items to my Billing Address' in the checkout form.  This bypasses my rule as it allows deliver to any of the other European countries.

Is there a way to enforce / or give a message to say 'Delivery to UK or Ireland Allowed only'

Just a thought.  This isn't anything major.

I may just disable the other countries from using a non-UK/Irish billing address.

Thanks

#2 06-15-2017 00:31:11

zanart

Re: Delivery Countries / Billing Countries

I would(have) just turn off all other countries.

Allowing European addresses must carry an increased fraud risk, even if they are delivered to a UK address.

On the rare occassion I have an enquiry from someone with a non UK billing address that wants UK delivery, I just tell them to select UK as the country anyway. As far as I am aware, most bank fraud checks are based on the house number and postcode digits, not the country, so it has never made a difference selecting the wrong country.

or they can just use paypal.

Last edited by zanart (06-15-2017 00:31:44)

Rob

#3 06-15-2017 06:44:23

GlennMUK

Yep - will just turn off the other countries.

Thanks for your advice.

#4 06-15-2017 10:12:13

webmaster
Administrator
Website

There is a helper in K9 under System / Helpers that will allow you to do this easily.

Nick Hendler

Board footer