Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-29-2017 09:08:45

stage

Apple Pay

I just had an experience with Apple Pay that makes me think that, at some point, you will want to add it as a payment option.

I'm not even sure why I have Apple Pay set up on my iPhone, I think I needed to do it once to buy movie tickets.  Anyway last night I was reading news on my phone in bed at 1 a.m. (don't we all) and an ad was there for a money clip / mini wallet thing that I looked at once before, but they were pretty expensive.  But it was a while back that I checked it out, so I clicked the ad to see if there was anything new.  I saw that they had their least expensive $69.95 product on sale for $19.95 due to some cosmetic blemishes.  This is a product that I've wondered if I'd like, but didn't want to spend so much money in order to find out, so I figured - here's my chance to try it for 20 bucks.

So I put one in my cart, and went to Checkout, and now it was time to enter my name and email and delivery information, that I really didn't feel like typing in on my iPhone at 1 a.m.  And I recalled seeing an Apple Pay link on the cart page, so I returned there and clicked that.  It then displayed my default payment method, billing address, and shipping address, and the cost for the cheapest delivery method - with of course options to change all.  Everything was fine so I gave it my thumbprint and Done!

In order to buy this product from a vendor I wasn't registered with, I literally put it in my cart, pressed Apply Pay, looked at the dropdown list of delivery methods in case there was one I liked better than the default (there wasn't), and touched the Home button.  And the vendor got an impulse sale that I probably would not have completed had I been required to type in my address and credit card details.

FYI,
Nathan

#2 05-30-2017 06:41:41

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Apple Pay

Thanks for the post.  We could do an Apple Pay integration though our custom shop, if you're interested.  If it gets sponsored by a client like yourself, it will likely ultimately end up in K9 as part of an update.

Nick Hendler

#3 05-31-2017 21:19:50

stage

Re: Apple Pay

My products are not at all impulse driven.  Eventually, and as Apple Pay becomes more prevalent, somebody will come along for whom the return will be greater than the investment, and so they'll go for it.  Meanwhile I wanted to report on it.

Nathan

Board footer