Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-07-2017 10:56:46

GlennMUK

Products disappearing when I change Display from Standard View

Hi Nick

I am having an issue with disappearing products when I change the Category Display in the Management Interface.

This does not happen on all products but seems quite random.

Steps to recreate:

Viewing a Category in my store, my products show in Standard View.
I then go to my Management Interface and find Category.
I select Category and click Update
Then Display --> I change this dropdown from Standard View etc.   to  Category Feature Grid etc.
I then Submit the changes and go back to view my Category.

After refreshing the page, all products have disappeared and I get this message.....
<< There are no items to display which match your request. Please use the menu to continue.   >>

I can go back and change the Display back to Standard View and all the products re-appear.  I'm not sure why simply changing the display might be hiding my products.

Any ideas?  Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a setting I might have missed somewhere?

Thanks
Glenn

#2 05-07-2017 12:49:17

zanart

Re: Products disappearing when I change Display from Standard View

I get this a lot when changing the parent category. Sometimes I change the parent category, and the product disappears.
Took hours, but finally realised that I had to remove the parent category and save the product, and then go back into the product to reselect the parent category.
Sorry, don't know why this happens and it is really frustrating, but I expect it is something to do with the products being imported from V8.
I have got used to it now!

Rob

#3 05-08-2017 08:26:48

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This is a setup issue. 

Category standard view:  Shows categories set up as related to the category being viewed as subcategories.  Shows product offers which have the category being viewed entered as a related category.

Category feature grid view:  Shows categories set up as related to the category being viewed as subcategories.  Each of those subcategories are displayed in feature grid mode, which shows a category description for the subcategory, and pulls all product offers (with that subcategory as the category parent) into a grid.

I would assume your product offers do not have your subcategories assigned properly as category parents.

Nick Hendler

#4 05-09-2017 08:55:44

GlennMUK

Thanks Zanart and Nick

I have gone through them and fixed a couple today.  I needed to delete the related categories out and then re-link them.

I have a few products appearing in more than one category.  The problem is still happening with those ones.  I can only connect them to a single parent category above which might be the issue.

Its not a big issue.  I'll keep fiddling with them.  Having some categories in Standard View is fine.  The main thing is that the products are showing.

Cheers
Glenn

#5 05-10-2017 06:59:05

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Just keep in mind that Category Feature Grid displays rely ultimately on the direct category parents you set up for your product offers.  So an offer can only show in one category's category feature grid.

Nick Hendler

Board footer