Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-17-2017 05:43:49

unet

checkout error

Hello
I was checking if my store is working, I selected a product, but when I clicked on checkout the following error occurred:
Your shopping cart is currently empty. You will be able to check out after adding items to your shopping cart.

#2 02-17-2017 07:27:05

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: checkout error

Definitely will need more info on this to help you out, but before that, as you are building your store out and in dev mode, clear all your browser cookies and then try to replicate the issue.

Nick Hendler

#3 02-17-2017 07:48:37

unet

webmaster wrote:

Definitely will need more info on this to help you out, but before that, as you are building your store out and in dev mode, clear all your browser cookies and then try to replicate the issue.

What do you mean by building in dev mode? I log in as admin and make the changes.

#4 02-17-2017 11:16:18

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I mean you're building out your store now, right?  If so, you've been developing and may have a corrupted cookie or something of that nature.

Nick Hendler

#5 02-17-2017 11:40:19

unet

webmaster wrote:

I mean you're building out your store now, right?  If so, you've been developing and may have a corrupted cookie or something of that nature.

So what is the solution?

#6 02-17-2017 11:52:54

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Clear your cookies, access your homepage.

Nick Hendler

#7 02-17-2017 11:58:15

unet

webmaster wrote:

Clear your cookies, access your homepage.

Hi
I already cleared the cookies from chrome and restarted the browser and I still get the same error.

#8 02-17-2017 12:07:18

unet

Hello Nick
It's working on Microsoft Edge, the problem is only on Google Chrome.

#9 02-18-2017 18:14:11

Thom
Website

I had a customer that had the problem where one item would be in the cart she put a new item in the cart then the first item was gone. Only one would stay in the cart.This started on Wednesday night. I tested it on my home computer in Chrome and Firefox and could not duplicate the problem. So I thought it was a just her. I tested my main computer at work with Chrome, Firefox and Edge and every thing was fine. Then tested another computer used Chrome and I had the same problem as my customer. Tired in Edge and it was fine. Deleted cookies in Chrome still had the problem so I reset Chrome setting in the Advance setting then the cart worked just fine.

Why is this happening? As far as I know nothing with the cart changed. Am I going to have customers reset their browsers? Why is this a random problem?

I know there might not be any answers. Hopefully there is a fix.

Last edited by Thom (02-18-2017 21:00:53)

Thom-

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - AUNTIE MAME

#10 02-20-2017 08:13:26

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We have just recently discovered a rather annoying issue with the most recent update of Chrome.  Not sure at present if this is a bug in the browser, or desired behavior.  Google is pushing sites with SSL to go full-time SSL, so we're assuming it's intentional.

Issue summary: If you access the site for the first time using an SSL URL, you'll get a cookie marked as secure.  When you navigate to a non-SSL URL, you should get a regular cookie (not marked as secure) with the same name/parameters.  As of the most recent update to Chrome, that second piece is not longer happening.  If a secure cookie exists, it becomes impossible to set a regular cookie with the same name/parameters.

In a nutshell, if you access an SSL URL first, and are using Chrome, you will have this issue on a site that's running both SSL and non-SSL URLs concurrently.  This happens quite a bit to admins.  For customers, it happens very rarely - as nearly all incoming URLs for customer traffic are non-SSL URLs as published in feeds, sitemaps, etc.

Expect an update/patches to be made available for V7 and V8 within the next 24 hours.  V9 supports full-time SSL out of the box, so that is being recommended for V9 users.

Nick Hendler

#11 02-28-2017 09:09:05

magsm

Hi Nick

Any update/patches available for this?  Our customers still having trouble in Chrome?

Thanks
Mags

#12 03-01-2017 07:49:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This issue is generally limited to admins who use Chrome and have a cookie set using SSL.  It looks like the solution is to move the site to full SSL, which can be done in V9 with a setting change in admin, and V8 and lower via a custom shop job.  An alternative is to modify the session logic not to send the 'secure' flag with cookies sent over SSL, but that negates PCI compliance.  As any pages generating password fields over non-SSL URLs are now generating non-secure warnings Chrome as well, we can see the push from Google and Chrome basically being 'Go Full SSL or Go Home'.  So we're approaching this from that perspective.  A public update message will go out on this as well.

Nick Hendler

#13 07-13-2017 03:51:47

unet

webmaster wrote:

This issue is generally limited to admins who use Chrome and have a cookie set using SSL.  It looks like the solution is to move the site to full SSL, which can be done in V9 with a setting change in admin, and V8 and lower via a custom shop job.  An alternative is to modify the session logic not to send the 'secure' flag with cookies sent over SSL, but that negates PCI compliance.  As any pages generating password fields over non-SSL URLs are now generating non-secure warnings Chrome as well, we can see the push from Google and Chrome basically being 'Go Full SSL or Go Home'.  So we're approaching this from that perspective.  A public update message will go out on this as well.

Hello
I tried to purchased one of my products on http using chrome and I had the error, but in https is working fine.  You said that we need to go full SSL via custom shop job (on v.8), can you be more specific.

#14 07-13-2017 07:41:40

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This has everything you need in it:

https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=33410

Nick Hendler

#15 07-14-2017 03:47:42

unet

webmaster wrote: