Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-31-2017 15:11:31

Wolverine
Website

How to list many versions of one product.

I have one product with 70 different design options.  What is the best way to list it?  I've tried adding a table with pictures, and tried using options.  The table is too big and using options doesn't allow me to show the pictures. Other ideas are welcome!

Jerry

#2 02-01-2017 04:31:56

west4
Website

Re: How to list many versions of one product.

Hi Jerry,

I think I would give it its own sub category and try to break it down to a max of about 10 choices each sub product. so 7 sub products with 10 options. that kind of thing, 70 options is way to many for one product list.

Try and find a common design grouping, no matter how tenuous.
Just my thoughts.

Cheers,
Bruce.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#3 02-01-2017 08:49:13

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I agree, there's got to be some way to group these separately in smaller lots.  Or if there really are 70 variations of the same thing, I think product option would be the way to go on V8.

Nick Hendler

#4 02-01-2017 12:08:11

Wolverine
Website

Thanks guys. Product options won't work because there's no way to display an image for each design.  Here's one experiment I've been working on but it's glitchy because it requires a customer to go from the product page, then to this page, then back to the product page:

http://www.touchstone-gifts.com/PhotoCalendar-Selection

Maybe in the next version there would be a way to post an image for each option?

Last edited by Wolverine (02-01-2017 12:10:31)

#5 02-02-2017 10:21:21

west4
Website

Hi Jerry,

Looking at the website, you really need a custom Category layout mod and make every one a separate Product.

Go to System Dashboard > Shop > Store Displays > Category Displays and clone the default then update the clone and rename it four-up.

Now Create a Sub-Category and name it Personalized Photo Calendars and set Display tab settings to Products to Display per Row* to 4
and
Product Display Type* to Add Button
and choose
Sub-Category Display Type* as four-up

Now create a new product for all variations... just clone a master one and tweak changes.
Add your products to the new sub category and it will show loads of calendars and each will be available to add to basket and drill through to further edit eg upload artwork etc.

With a little bit of tweaking this display should look good and work for you, and most importantly be easier for the shopper.

Cheers,
Bruce.

#6 02-02-2017 15:40:27

Wolverine
Website

west4 wrote:

Hi Jerry,

Looking at the website, you really need a custom Category layout mod and make every one a separate Product.

Go to System Dashboard > Shop > Store Displays > Category Displays and clone the default then update the clone and rename it four-up.

Now Create a Sub-Category and name it Personalized Photo Calendars and set Display tab settings to Products to Display per Row* to 4
and
Product Display Type* to Add Button
and choose
Sub-Category Display Type* as four-up

Now create a new product for all variations... just clone a master one and tweak changes.
Add your products to the new sub category and it will show loads of calendars and each will be available to add to basket and drill through to further edit eg upload artwork etc.

With a little bit of tweaking this display should look good and work for you, and most importantly be easier for the shopper.

Cheers,
Bruce.

Bruce,

PERFECT! I wouldn't have figured it out without ya!

Here's a link to a new category I'm working on using your suggestion,
http://www.touchstone-gifts.com/Categor … tine_Cards

Thanks - I owe you .......
Jerry

#7 02-03-2017 05:11:09

west4
Website

Jerry,

There you go, looks good..

Cheers,
Bruce.

Board footer