Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-27-2017 08:45:33

geraldz

What happens if I mix shipping methods?

For each product we can select our shipping method under PRODUCT>DELIVERY.  Our default method is a custom script which applies discounts to real-time quotes based on dollar amount.

We sell a magnetic product which can only be shipped 2 per box because it is considered hazardous to aircraft.  So if I select "real-time quote" (without a discount) for this one item how does CCP calculate the shipping cost?

In other words, a customer has this magnetic item/shipping method in their shopping cart along with other items/shipping method, how does CCP handle that?

We are looking for a way to cover our cost of having to ship a separate box if more that 2 magnets.

Thanks

#2 01-27-2017 09:14:03

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: What happens if I mix shipping methods?

When presented for checkout shipping calculations, the cart is divided into groups of items that have similar origins, destinations and shipping methods.  Each group is handled separately.

This means that if 99% of your store is shipping from location X and using custom script X, but 1 item is using realtime UPS shipping, when a custom orders a mix of those two combinations in their cart their cart will be grouped separately based on the shipping methods available, and quoted separately.  They will see:

Items x, y, z
[X] Custom method X price 1
[] Custom method X price 2

Item A
[X] UPS Ground XX
[] UPS Next Day XX
[] Etc.

Nick Hendler

#3 01-27-2017 15:33:47

geraldz

Re: What happens if I mix shipping methods?

Thank you

Board footer