Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-17-2017 06:13:19

cglover
Website

Shipping and Order Communication

Hi, I'm looking forward to the new release.

I've just had a chat with one of our customers who is currently on Europacart 8 and is based in the UK.

He was wondering if there are more options for updating/communicating with customer orders? Also, a bulk option to select a group of orders and mark as dispatched would be good.

And are there any shipping options for My Hermes? https://www.myhermes.co.uk/

Cheers
Chris

#2 01-17-2017 08:03:25

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Shipping and Order Communication

(1) Yes, tons of new communications.  Basically everything is sent to the customers when things happen to orders, like they're shipped, or modified, or returned, or completed, etc.

(2a) The Batch Shipping Manager extension module will enable shipping of your orders using FedEx Ship Manager, UPS WorldShip, USPS Stamps.com and/or CSV file batch.  Tracking info is updated automatically as you scan/ship orders with shipper desktop software, or if you're using the CSV file batch option, you can upload a CSV file with the tracking info when done.

(2b) If you're only shipping a handful of packages a day, you can always enter the tracking numbers into the Shipping Manager in K9's management interface, or there is another less-advanced extension module available called the Batch Tracking Uploader, which is a CSV tracking number file uploader.

(3) No built-in options for My Hermes, but we do have a Custom Shop that could build one.

Nick Hendler

#3 01-17-2017 22:29:55

lgt
Website

The Batch Shipping Manager is most awesome.  It works flawlessly with UPS & FedEx. 

We're still having problems with Stamps.com.  Sometimes we can scan them in by picking ticket and sometimes not.  Can't figure out the common denominator.

That's okay, because we use Stamps.com Batch mode which is much quicker. 

During Thanksgiving rush my shipper was able to print out 175 USPS labels in less than 15 minutes.

In the inventory Items we painstakingly entered the shipping weight and dimensions of each product.  This is a onetime PIA that pays for itself every single day.

So all my shipper had to do was just click on everything going USPS and print the picking tickets.  Then he went to the Batch menu in Stamps.com (desktop version), clicked import and hit print labels. 

POOF!  All the tracking numbers were imported into 855sheller, Amazon, and eBay.

Here's another little bonus-ready?  Ready?  Ready?  The shipping costs is entered as well!  Want to know what something really costs, including shipping out?  It's there!  TADA!

#4 01-18-2017 08:34:33

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Other options I didn't mention are the ShipWorks extension module and the currently under development ShipStation module.

Nick Hendler

Board footer