Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-19-2016 16:00:39

Anthonypi

User and Password going into the wrong users info in database

I'm having an issue where some users log in and another customers shipping info etc shows up. I've looked into the DB and see that the users email (id) and password is going into another customers row in the table. What will cause this, i know the sessions are stored in the DB also and are in the same table, can a bad connection on the users side cause this or just the server side?
thanks in advance

#2 12-20-2016 08:05:33

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: User and Password going into the wrong users info in database

Would assume you've shared or otherwise published links with session ids in them and are forcing users into the same session.  You can execute these SQL commands in Raw DB Admin to clean up any current data issues:

UPDATE core_users SET lastsid=''

DELETE FROM core_sessions

DELETE FROM ecom_cart

Nick Hendler

#3 12-21-2016 02:32:54

Anthonypi

Not that i know of, i doubt it,  all the mixed up records are from customers , so my client wouldn't be publishing links with other customers session ids in them. Thanks for the SQL commands to clean up..

Last edited by Anthonypi (12-21-2016 02:33:59)

#4 12-22-2016 08:10:22

webmaster
Administrator
Website

They show up the weirdest places when we find them.  Embedded in URLs added to adwords, a random link in a mass mailing.  Sometimes mistakes just happen.

Nick Hendler

#5 12-22-2016 15:13:06

Anthonypi

Not sure I understand, they wouldn't have a link that would have a customers session id in it, and then send out that link for another customer to use by accident. Where would they get that link in the first place? With a customers session ID in it?  A user could send out a link with their ID in it, yes, but how would the admin of the site have multiple links with customer ID's in them. Also they've been using Click Cart for many years, never saw this in version 6 or 7. If that did happen, lets say, this doesn't explain to me how many users could have their customer info switched with many other users?

Second question more importantly maybe: These commands will wipe session id's and carts, but how would this fix users having the wrong info associated with their user name and password,  stored in the core_users table?
I'm not sure you understood my issue... customers login and have the wrong address and name, not wrong cart.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Anthonypi (12-22-2016 15:42:49)

#6 12-23-2016 13:22:03

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Typically this would start by a store owner copying a link with an SID in it and using it somewhere, like in a mailing.  Once it's picked up by customer x, they take over the session, then customer y does, so in the end you only end up pulling the session info for the last person that used it.  The first person who clicked the link likely got the store owner's session then it went from there.

Nick Hendler

#7 12-30-2016 21:40:06

Anthonypi

Right ok, thanks i did the DB clean up and its all good.
Anthony

Board footer