Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-20-2016 02:33:31

sdn

Java on Mobile Version

Will Ajax be enabled for mobile on v9 checkout? I did an experiment and enabled Ajax on v8 checkout by remming out the code in the checkout php files that stops Ajax being used.

It seems to work OK on the Windows 8 and iPhones I tested. Why was it blocked for mobile checkouts? Ajax was already enabled in product pages for the price update. Will turning it on in Checkout cause some unforeseen consequences?

Could we have a longer Ajax update time on mobiles as I think entering comments, VAT numbers, etc might need more time on a mobile?

The most annoying problem encountered is not changing the product quantity fast enough. If you delete the quantity and the box remains empty when Ajax update is performed the item is deleted from the cart (not good).

It is early days but we appear to have less failed orders since making the change.

The lack of Ajax on Mobile checkout has generated a few angry customers who have selected an express delivery service but failed to hit the update button and then got the standard slowest delivery service. Enabling Ajax in checkout has solved that issue.

Last edited by sdn (09-21-2016 10:04:58)

Simon

#2 09-21-2016 08:05:08

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Java on Mobile Version

All your comments pertain to V8, and where you reference 'Java' I am fairly certain you mean 'JavaScript'.  V9 uses a completely different template system than V8.  It's 100% responsive, which means there is zero degradation in the user experience when switching screen size, as device has nothing to do with it.  So, to confirm, V9 makes no distinction between mobile devices and desktops, tablets, etc.  It simply presents it's content in a responsive/different fashion for different screen sizes.   It's the same exact content, the differences in the view are CSS-driven.  No degradation of features no matter what the screen size with V9.

Nick Hendler

#3 09-21-2016 09:56:39

sdn

I am silly. Read Java as Ajax. I am talking about the pages auto-updating on mobiles. Doh!

Last edited by sdn (09-21-2016 09:58:44)

Simon

#4 09-22-2016 15:40:38

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Understood.  My answer doesn't change.  Ajax/JS, same thing.

Nick Hendler

Board footer