Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#76 05-29-2016 15:29:23

dukes
Website

Re: Release Date Info and Example Links

Will the Amazon and Ebay functionality be part of the core ? or will we have to pay extra for XMODS?

regards
dukes

#77 05-30-2016 06:47:46

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The Amazon and eBay integrations are each delivered as an extension module which you can plug into the core.  The channel interface is part of the core, but the channels themselves are added on.

Nick Hendler

#78 05-31-2016 16:30:39

stanforrest

Is there any ETA on the new software?

Stan Forrest
Digital Magic Show

#79 06-01-2016 05:11:50

lgt
Website

Before a date is posted, let me butt in.

Although the Amazon & eBay modules are reliable & functioning, I think a couple of small tweaks remain before it is ready for prime time. 

There are a lot of things I don't use that may be tested by others like WP & Vanilla Forum skins.

The shipping management has not been installed and several of my sites are awaiting multisite integration.

I keep finding little "Easter Eggs," small changes here and there to the core and modules.  Sometimes I'm told that an update is coming in the next few "days," sometimes it just happens.

I'm not privy to any changes on the internal code, but I'm pretty sure it is happening.

Now, as I've said before, I'm not even the messenger- more like a passenger- so don't shoot.  Like everyone else here, I cannot believe how long it is taking.

#80 06-01-2016 08:43:24

zanart

Before a date is posted, let me butt in.

No more dates please.
I put so much in place for the dates in January, February and March, only for the release to be postponed. That was more frustrating than waiting to find out how long 'soon' and 'pending' really means.

Rob

#81 06-02-2016 15:31:23

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Agreed.  No more dates.  We've been thrown a few curve balls here over the past month or two as lgt alluded to.  Clients have been requesting meaningful additions to the software which have been going in.  I expect the last round of updates any day now, and have been saying that for a week.  Those include all the changes to the final batch shipping interface and the accounting integrations, which have been tested in various forms or another and are ready to be put into production.  That wraps it up then as far as software.  We've been working on the new Kryptronic site and documentation as well and that's all nearly ready to go too.  It seems like everything is wrapping up very quickly and nicely on this given how much time and effort has gone into everything.   This is one hell of a software package that doesn't resemble anything we've done before (or anyone else from what I'm told).

Nick Hendler

#82 06-03-2016 09:36:43

DARENWRIGHT

Hi Nick

The accounting intigration is that a direct link to sage or is it a csv?

Thanks Daren

#83 06-05-2016 07:41:10

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Sage and Peachtree are both CSV/File exports to those accounting systems.  Fairly basic without many changes.  Most of the heavy accounting changes were done on the Quickbooks side.  We'd be open to expanding the functionality of Peachtree and Sage as custom shop jobs for clients after release.

Nick Hendler

#84 06-06-2016 11:40:21

juanstg

@ DarenWright

I spent hours upon hours a few years ago working the Peachtree integration only to finally give up as it was not working as I had hoped.  Shortly after that I started to use the Shipworks Mod and have built a template for it that uses a CSV export that imports nicely into Peachtree (its actually 2 files one for customers & one for orders). 

It's still not perfect cause it does not import the Payment type and I am still working on getting the shipping amount to come over but I have had other projects that are more important come across. 

Hope this helps.

#85 06-22-2016 08:03:30

dukes
Website

Hi Nick
So they're extensions you have to buy separately from from the core product?
And also how much longer now?

regards
dukes

#86 06-23-2016 07:29:13

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@dukes:

Yes, extension modules are listed at the following URL.  As usual, we've included all of the base functionality you'd expect in the core software and the extensions really are big modules that extend the software:

https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=33054

I was thrown a curve ball by a V9 client earlier this month which has required coding full order modification functionality into the core, as well as restructuring how payments are applied (in multiple stages now) and how they affect the order totals and returns.  It's taken a couple of weeks to work this out, but we're back on track.  I'm about to dive back into the documentation and make pertinent changes to that, then release.  It won't be long at all.

Nick Hendler

#87 07-15-2016 13:05:06

zanart

and it's all gone quiet over there.......................................................

Rob

#88 07-18-2016 07:43:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The last round of requested modifications is now almost complete.  I hated delaying release, but this set of changes really have taken V9 to a whole other level on the order processing side, and I'm glad to say the release was held for them.  We're going to start rolling out V9 on August 1, 2016.  Check the first post in this thread for details.

Nick Hendler

#89 07-28-2016 05:00:25

amdowney
Website

I am wondering why these new features you have been trying to cram in haven't been left until further incremental updates, surely this would have been better? Less frustrated customers and you could have had it out there in the field already as surely there will be bugs etc that you would have come across by now...

Last edited by amdowney (07-28-2016 05:03:09)

#90 07-28-2016 07:10:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I appreciate your input here.  It's a fair question.

The last set of modifications to the software were major.  Changes were made from checkout all the way through the order processing, management, shipping and accounting export processes in order to support multiple order payment states and provide the ability to modify orders via the POS and handle under and over payments.  It's one of those things that just made sense to do now.  Had we released V9 without these changes, then attempted to add them on with an update down the line, you would have been frustrated with the update/install process and having to do a conversion of order data to the new format.  It's much, much cleaner and easier to get these features nailed down in the software and not essentially do two upgrades.

Concerning beta testing, we have several high traffic, high sales sites that have been running V9 for some time.  The clients who own these sites have been pushing the development of this new software.  I'd have to look for exact numbers, but I believe we've got $20+M in sales and over a billion pageviews on V9 in production environments.  The software is and has been in the field, and we wouldn't release it if it weren't fully tested.  It's been hit on so hard it's ridiculous.

Nick Hendler

#91 07-28-2016 09:23:09

zanart

re the release schedule, where was the option to pre order in June/July?
or do you mean January, as you told me "you're at the top of my queue listed as needing an install package and key" in January.

Rob

#92 07-28-2016 14:28:30

GlennMUK

Nick, I would happily pre-order today just to get a V9 dev key that I can use during August while waiting for the full license key to be released.

I am currently building a new site on a V8 dev key that I plan to launch in September.  I don't want to launch on V8.  I have my v8 dev site populated with all my products and categories in a password protected sub folder.  I am reluctant to do any UI work if I need to re-do again for a responsive UI in version 9. Holding back the keys till end of August delays me even further.

Last edited by GlennMUK (07-28-2016 14:49:53)

#93 07-29-2016 07:31:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@zanart:  I may have you confused with another client, however I think we had a job pending for you which we were ultimately doing/including the coding in V9, however due to scheduling we implemented in V8 for you (the code also made it over to V9).  I believe at that time you indicated you were OK waiting for the production V9 release.  I could be completely mistaken, and if so, I apologize.

@GlennMUK and @zanart: I've sent you both a PM with a link to the V9 quote request form.  We already have a larger number of clients on the pre-order list than I'd like, and we're trying to keep it small.  Submitting the quote request will start the process needed to grab a full version next week.  We're starting to roll them out on Monday.

I'm not posting the request link here in the forum in hopes that other clients will hold off until the public release.  There is the possibility of a final update to V9 being required at the end of August for pre-order installations, so anyone pre-ordering now is typically expecting to update the software in August, and is generally setting up a new site and working on items like new display skins and catalog setup during August, and not going live until V9 does.

Nick Hendler

#94 08-06-2016 09:11:05

juanstg

Silly question.  If I were to do the "Free 15 Day Trial" would it be V8 or V9?  I would love to get my hands inside V9 this way, it would get me a head start on learning and setting up the site I have been putting off for months while waiting on the release.  It will keep me out of the pre order list, and I know the terms say you'll move the trial to our servers if we buy but I would forgo this just to be able to poke around and do some learning of the new version on a "trial basis."  This way at the end of the month I can just hit the ground running on setup.

Thanks.

#95 08-08-2016 12:47:50

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Trials are V8 until V9 is released.

Nick Hendler

#96 08-11-2016 12:40:46

GlennMUK

Are the August release dates still on track or have there been any delays?

#97 08-12-2016 06:50:18

lgt
Website

Oh please,please,please, don't ask about release dates.  It breaks my heart.

For those who don't know, Kryptronic has an indeterminate rotation and orbit.  This makes time relative to Earth incalculable.

In my limited personal observations, a Kryptronic week varies between 10 days and 5.5 months, although I'm noticing a further slow down based on higher anticipation.

#98 08-12-2016 08:14:12

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The laws of physics, specifically time and space, do seem to stop at the door here.  We're on target for our current end of August release date.  May push to the 31st, may not.  Really depends on how smoothly the final integration goes for our primary beta clients next week. They're getting all the batch shipping and accounting modules and outside of possible data migration delays, we should be good to go.

Nick Hendler

#99 08-28-2016 08:01:55

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Over the past two to three weeks there have been a number of additions and changes to the module offerings for V9.  All of these were the result of client requests that made sense to do pre-release.  Of note, the batch shipping module is ODBC and CSV compatible at the same time, and contains all shipper modules (UPS, UPS Freight, FedEx, USPS Stamps.com) without the need to add them on.   Also added were Inventory Uploader, Inventory Predictor (with Mojo factor), Inventory Lookup and Stock Report, Rep/Affiliate Profitability Report, Customer View with Overview, Order History and Profitability Report.  Quickbooks IIF was dropped and XML support was greatly expanded through the web connector.

Full list here: https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?pid=157174

Good news:  We just tested batch shipping management on location for client zero yesterday, and average time from packing list scan into WorldShip and ShipManager to the label being printed via thermal printer was under 4 seconds.  The warehouse manager is thrilled.

Bad news: The release date is being pushed one final time, to Sept 12, 2016.  More time is needed to package this last set of modules and provide proper documentation and references in existing documentation.  V9 will release Sept 12, 2016.  I repeat V9 will release Sept 12, 2016.

Nick Hendler

#100 09-07-2016 03:52:01

zanart

Just a heads up Nick, you haven't changed the release date yet and it is still showing Sept 12th

Rob

Board footer