Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-13-2015 09:17:33

CrownRoyal

suggestion: notification when customer updates address

Ex: Customer placed an order, to ship by courier. But they only provided a PO Box. So an email had to be manually sent to the customer to provide physical address. Customer did not reply to our email, rather, they went to their store account and updated their address information, assuming the delivery info would change on the PO. The software does not do that do to the nature of com_orders and ecom_orderitems.

So I had to call the customer (in another country), who then told me what they did. They assumed the address would update on the order.

Not sure how this can be handled. Because I think its important to maintain accounting integrity of original orders. Yet at the same time, this couriered order is delayed due to miscommunication.

Maybe either a filter on the checkout page that can check for 'pobox' or 'po box' or 'box' in the add1 and add2 fields while at the same time a courier shipping option is chosen.

Or, a feature where a customer and seller can communicate about a particular order, obtain updates, etc. (preferred). Though I think the latter will appear in v9.

#2 05-18-2015 06:01:11

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: suggestion: notification when customer updates address

This is a weird scenario.  The customer expected and account address change to change their order.  I've never heard of this.  You probably won't ever hear it again.  If it bothers you, you can edit the account maintenance/update form header text to include a note (core forms table, core.acctmaint is the id, or something close to that) under Raw DB Admin.

Nick Hendler

#3 05-18-2015 06:08:18

CrownRoyal

Nick,

I only mention it now because its occurred a couple of times now in my recent memory. For me, its not worth the cost of a custom mod at this point.  I've already seen over and over again that people do not read the required information in a checkout form. I have a note above the credit card field that says "We do not record or save credit card information." Yet, I have people who call can say, "Can you add this to my order? Just use my credit card number I gave you." Or, "Please do not keep my card information on file please."

#4 05-18-2015 06:32:05

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I hear you.  Dealing with the customer can be trying at times.  Especially your customers, who I imagine are a bit more adept at using their hands than their minds, perhaps.

Nick Hendler

#5 05-18-2015 06:35:56

CrownRoyal

LOL, never heard it said that way before, but there's a grain of truth in that. smile

#6 05-21-2015 06:18:31

webmaster
Administrator
Website

No disrespect meant in that at all, by the way.  I have an uncle who is a mechanic is an absolute genius with anything with moving parts, but can't operate a smartphone or silicon-based tech to save his life.

Nick Hendler

#7 05-21-2015 06:19:57

CrownRoyal

no offense taken smile

Board footer