Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-03-2015 13:14:07

tony
Website

What is up with our site

CCP8 does not seem to be working for us? It is not for lack of trying. I know this forum is not for bitching but Im going out of business soon and I do not know what else to do?

I feel like asking what am I doing wrong. I have over 9000 products and I have 2 guys working 16 hours a day 6 days a week working on the categories and I have not got one sale since 1-15-14.

I have asked Kryptronic support for advice that went unanswered. I would pay for help before I go out of business but it may be too late. I put all my eggs in the ccp8 basket and its empty. I have lowered my prices lower than my suppliers for the same product and still no sales. So people want to pay more. No - no one is finding this site.

Customers said our paypal express does not work and I asked for help from Kryptronic support but I still think it is not working and now we are getting no orders at all. I cant test it as I do not have another paypal account. They wont let me order using mine as the cart is using it. 

I have spent hundreds of hours myself on this site and I do not think the site is on google at all. I am not new at this and no I do not have any SEO guys working for me because I do not know who I can trust. They all want me to pay them up front for work and so far no one I have paid up front has helped us at all. That is why they make us pay up front I guess?

I have static html sites that are getting more traffic than the CCP8 and I have kept up to date with all the updates I believe. We updated from ccp 7 and have not even made enough money to pay for the software much less the work we paid for.

I really do not know what to do now? I am pannicing again and I think I need to look at other shopping carts maybe. Any suggestions!

I would ask Kryptronic for help but I think they are too busy to help me get this cart working. The last request for help went unanswered. I am about to go out of business after 15 years it took a shopping cart to make us fail. What do I do. I have spent more money on this site than I have on any site and it is not getting any results.

I bet the Amazon module will be released soon and I cant even sell on Amazon as they charge 15% and that is about what we make for profit so we have lower prices than Amazon but no traffic. Selling for nothing is still nothing.

I have worked 18 hour days for 15 years and I still am not seeing any sales even though I have paid people to help me and they seem to be doing just fine. I am going out of business it seems if I cant find a solution now.

Maybe its just time to just vent as I have been working on this site since early 2011. I thought CCP8 would be the answer but I am not even sure it works. I sit here paying for a site that is making no money and getting no orders and it must be my fault but what do I fix. I am working 18 hour days and there is not much we have not tried. Any suggestions!!!

#2 02-03-2015 14:49:57

stage

Re: What is up with our site

This is indeed an odd one.  I looked at your site, it's a clean design, seems to be SEO optimized as far as I can tell, the cart seems to work fine.

I don't know if they do it, but if Google has advertising account managers that will evaluate your site, I would look into paying for that.  You said you'd pay for SEO if you knew who to trust, I would think you can trust Google to know how to optimize your site for their engine.  I'm sure they'll want you to pay for advertising too, but that's probably not a bad thing.

One problem I did notice is the shipping expense.  I put a 2" x 1125' Layflat Poly Tubing (4 mil) and asked for a shipping estimate to my NJ residence.  I was presented with an overload of options, every delivery option that UPS or Fedex has available.  I would think that using either UPS or Fedex but not both, and then offering 1-day, 2-day, 3-day and Ground shipping would suffice.  But I'm not in your market so I don't know.

I do know that your shipping prices are very expensive.  For this $39 item the cheapest ground is $25.91, and the cheapest next day service is $173.99.  Whereas Associated Bag, for what appears to be the same item at $42.15, offers ground for $12.26 and next day for $35.31.  That's a pretty substantial difference!  I would look at the number of abandoned carts - if it's high, then shipping cost is almost certainly to blame.

But you're still almost impossible to find on Google.

Hope this helps,
Nathan

#3 02-03-2015 15:16:28

tony
Website

The shipping has also been a fight I cannot get this to match no matter what I do. I asked UPS for help and they tell me that associated has their own shipping setup they do not use negotiated or counter rates and I cant get ether to work. I posted on that time and time and got no assistance. I have done testing to the tune of 90 pages of tests and this is the closest I could get without losing money on the coasts. I paid a 3rd party to try to work out a custom rate for shipping but that costs us 400 dollars and did not get any results that worked. The only answers are to throw more money on the problem. I have been doing that and its not the answer any longer.

Now the shippers have changed the way they figure dimensional weights but we must guess on size because the vendors do not share size information. So I keep fixing it every chance I get.

#4 02-03-2015 15:50:42

tony
Website

If there is someone that can help us get the shipping fixed or working closer we would gladly pay for this service. Most of the people I know that work on CCP are in the UK and I do not know if it would be easy for them to trouble shoot the shipping. Maybe there is a solution that I cant see like a custom rate for items that are 1 or 2  lbs. Please shoot me an email if you think you can help!

#5 02-04-2015 05:25:08

robash

Hi smile you might want to set a prefered domain in google Web master tools.
Google see www. and a none www. as two different sites and therefore duplicate content which is bad. 

productpackagingsupplies.com
wwwproductpackagingsupplies.com

Seo tools
nibbler.silktide.com woorank.com

Rob

God Save The Queen

#6 02-04-2015 08:45:34

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Tony, please call ASAP.  I'm sure you have his number.  Every time you've reached out to us we've solved your issues ASAP.  Just like we do for all Kryptronic Managed Hosting clients.  That's where the priority is in our ticket system.  I have worked on numerous tickets for you, and we have spent a lot of time on the phone and talking via email with you.  The last tickets we received from you were:

Aug 27, 2014: Issue with variable width skin, resolved Aug 27
Nov 6, 2014: Issue reported with PayPal Express, checked out fine, customer issue, resolved Nov 6
Nov 11, 2014: Requested lost FTP information, resolved Nov 11
Dec 15, 2014: Issue reported with Guest Checkout, no issue detected, via Jeff/email Dec 15

I believe your problem stems from the fact that you keep making decisions and changes to your site that negatively impact your end goals.  You don't truly understand how to run the site, but insist on doing so without help, and contact us after things get broken.  We're happy to clean up, or do whatever you need us to, as we have been since you began working on the site.  We're also happy to (as we've suggested previously) get a Fresh Eyes Analysis done for the site and quote/implement any desired recommended changes.  This analysis would include a full look at SEO and would clear up any issues in that area.  We're here to help you.

Nick Hendler

#7 02-05-2015 08:38:08

lgt
Website

From a shoppers viewpoint, not having unique images for every product is a red flag.  You have A LOT of empty pictures and some pictures that don't match the product.  In a lot of cases the pictures are the same and the descriptions are the same except for maybe the size and price.

Would you buy from a website with missing and mismatched images?  Really?

Your GBEPackaging.com looks better, but is not fully secure because you have an image from s7.addthis.com.  What's more it cannot be reached with https://gbepackaging.com, the www. must be added.  I don't think it is CCP8.  It appears to be your main website.

Your boxesandbags.com website does not even have an SSL.  It also doesn't appear to be using CCP8.

You're in a HIGHLY competitive market with serious players.  Between Uline, Amazon, the Big Box Stores, and specialty sites, it is extremely difficult to be found.  Even the Big Boys do PPC for your products which means Adwords is going to be very expensive.  I think it would be a waste of money until you got your website right.

In fact, when I Google GBE Packaging, Uline PPC comes out on top!

With 3 websites running on at least 2 different cart programs, I think it is unfair to blame CCP8 for putting you out of business.

A little tough love here, but really each site has red flags for me when there are so very many safe alternatives.

Last edited by lgt (02-05-2015 08:40:13)

#8 02-05-2015 09:12:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I'm going to have Jeff call you, Tony.  To my knowledge you haven't reached out and there aren't any new tickets in the ticket system for you.

Nick Hendler

#9 02-05-2015 17:59:58

jonaha

Hi Tony,
  I have been running ccp from version 5 til now. From my experience, going from 7 to 8, I took a big hit, initially in my seo, Nick made the re-directs and all links followed through, however after a while by rankings went down but have started to come back. Google looks at the new version site as new and it takes time for it to come back. You need to do work like writing original content and being an expert in your field. It helps to submit the site to the engines on a regular basis.

Waiting for Google is a loosing battle, they are going down in search as well, there are many options to them as well. You need a well rounded strategy placing you product in paid, such as Google Shopping and unpaid such as the Find or Pinterest. The net is very competitive and getting more so by the day. You may also want to go to Yahoo Answers and post replies.

Getting your suppliers to post links to your site will also help. We are in an Amazon World and need to complete real hard, or smart to survive.

Jonah
wwwfoldingbed.net

#10 02-28-2015 04:29:49

tony
Website

Just an update Jeff and Nick have helped us get a custom shipping mod set up so it is getting rates for 4 zones depending on the destination address. Rates are very close to correct so we now feel we are not over charging our customers. We are working to get photos in place and testing the shipping. We are working on the suggestions made here as well. Thanks to Nick and Jeff for the fast service again and Thanks to everyone else that supplied advice. Some of your sites look great.

#11 02-28-2015 19:41:50

jamesdan567

I logged in to your site to test it. I do that since i have CCP8 too. I put an item in the cart and created an account
and went into check out. the cart asks me to enter a credit card but there was nothing visible to me at all for Paypal.
I have run commerce sites with over $10 million in annual sales and i'm pretty good at this. Your site was easy to navigate and was very quick and responsive...I am in San Diego....didnt notice any latency at all....

Its a dumb question, but do you have a credit card merchant account and a gateway account so that credit cards will process? I would expect thats a yes answer.

on the business side of things my only comment was that I selected an item at a price of $38.40 and the cheapest  shipping option presented was $21.00. As a customer that was a real turn off and I know I could find that item elsewhere and get shipping for $5 or so....just my two cents...

its very easy to probe your log files. You'd be wise to run a full purchase transaction yourself and then compare to
other purchase transactions in your logs....again, just my two cents...

I have a feature where people can upload a photo then I'll print it for them. The upload page sends me an email when a photo is uploaded. thats how i know its working and there is work to be done. I wrote the page myself, its not a Kryptronic page, but the Kryptronic guys could do something like this for the cart, in a heart beat...

James@workinout.com

#12 03-03-2015 09:04:47

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the post back to Tony, James.

Nick Hendler

Board footer