Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-27-2014 15:56:48

ThomasGiannou

Problem with "additional fields" on check out

We had three additional fields on the cart check out to gather optional information from the customer.   After I changed the credit card payment option to be displayed first on the check out form, when a customer starts to type into one of the three additional fields, the program acts as if someone had pressed the enter key after typing one or two words into the field.   By the time one repositions to continue typing into the field, the program acts as if the enter key was pressed again!.   This is very aggravating.   So, until we can resolve this problem, I had to remove the three fields from the checkout form.   One of the fields was titled "Customer Instructions" and is fairly important to have present.  The other fields were "Why are you making this purchase?  and How did you find us?"   

For some unknown reason, all orders seemed to have stopped for the past week or so.   This is very unusual and has never occurred before.   We are wondering where we could even begin to look to figure out if something is preventing people from using this shopping cart.   We have tested the cart and orders do seem to go through.   We have excellent position on the search engines.   We have a rather large customer base and many purchase on a recurring basis.   What could cause this to happen?

#2 11-28-2014 09:36:22

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Problem with "additional fields" on check out

My first question would be, did orders pick back up after you removed those fields?  Next I'd ask when orders dropped off, did you see a significant amount of pending/unpaid orders.

The checkout form fields work on timers for the text inputs.  Once you stop typing for X seconds, the page will refresh to reload the info.  That's part of the one page ajax checkout.  If you've got long text fields and that's bothering your customers or they're having trouble ordering, turn off that function under:

Store > Component > Settings > Checkout

Set Enable Ajax Checkout to false and you will be good to go.

Nick Hendler

#3 11-28-2014 10:12:26

ThomasGiannou

The problem with no orders is that there are not even pending orders.  That's the oddest thing I've seen so far.   This has never happened before.   Yet the site stats shown on the cart shows over 1,000 visits yesterday.  This has never happened before in years of operation.  I've tested the site ordering system and it works for me. 

What I saw on the added fields was one only had time to type in 3-4 words and then the system refreshed.  I'll put the fields back in place and tweek the Ajax Checkout to see if that fixes the problem.   Is that x second refresh a variable that can be adjusted?

#4 12-01-2014 16:33:52

webmaster
Administrator
Website

All of the ajax refreshes are editable in the files {private}/core/CORE/includes/formfield_*.php.  Look at the bottom of those files.  This sounds to me more like you've got a checkout problem like an expired SSL cert that you're not aware of.

Nick Hendler

#5 12-02-2014 14:11:48

ThomasGiannou

No.  The SSL is fine.  After talking with several other business owners, we think it's just the economy in general.  Most people are not spending their money.   There have been a few sales trickling in and I've asked those customers what their experience was like when they decided to make a purchase.   They had nothing but praise about how nice and easy it was to navigate through our web site, read the technical data and make their purchase.

#6 12-03-2014 07:45:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Ok.  Time to vamp up the marketing!

Nick Hendler

#7 12-03-2014 10:56:09

ThomasGiannou

That is exactly what we are doing.   We have over 5,000 signed up to receive our newsletter.   so we are going to that customer base to see what we can drum up.

Board footer