Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-20-2014 16:55:36

mixer25

CSV Issues... maybe fixed

When downloading and re-uploading the database i.e. products I find when it is saved in Excel 2011 MAC version as a CSV it adds extra characters in and distorts some information.

I have just changed the format to Windows Comma Single Value and this seems to have uploaded it ok.

Is this correct or should we use MS-DOS CSV or alternatively is there a program you recommend to use on Mac (having had one on Windows that never had an issue, but can't recall it!)

#2 05-22-2014 17:39:43

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: CSV Issues... maybe fixed

Any Windows/MS-DOS CSV format will do.  Basically that translates into the following:

Line Endings: All CSV files should have the standard carriage return followed by newline (\r\n, CRLF) line ending.

Delimiter: All CSV files should have the standard comma (,) as a data delimiter to separate records. Example: data,data,data

Encapsulator: Any records containing a comma (,) must be encapsulated with a double quote ("). Example: "data,data","data"

Quote Character: Any records containing a double quote (") must have that double quote preceeded by a double quote (""). Example: data""data,data

Recommended Format: It is recommended that all records be encapsuled for readablility. In the following example there are three records: (1) data"data, (2) data,data and (3) data. Example: "data""data","data,data","data"

Nick Hendler

Board footer