Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-05-2014 17:23:04

mixer25

SSL Certificate Problems

I had a SSL certificate loaded and had to remove as slowed site down to nothing, it also said there was a problem with it due to non SSL content?

Now if there are images etc appearing in the checkout pages for instance, do these need to be put in the SSL area, i.e Private area?

Also when buying an SSL I always get this bit confused... say my site is wwwmysite.com do I buy and SSL for wwwmysite.com or just mysite.com or wwwmysite.com/store ?

Many Thanks

#2 05-06-2014 08:11:44

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: SSL Certificate Problems

(1) Buy the cert as wwwmysite.com.

(2) Set up your hosting so that the SSL content is pulled from the same directory as the non-SSL content (one directory for both).  This is a fairly standard setup these days, but wasn't about 5 years ago.

(3) Re-run your CCP installer and update your SSL URL, cookie domain and cookie path.  At this point they will all be the same as your non-SSL entries because you bought the cert as wwwmysite.com.

This will get your SSL running right.  If when you access your checkout, you get an SSL/non-SSL warning due to mixed content, check your skin to be sure you've not mistakenly coded images with hard http:// links.  They should be relative links.

Nick Hendler

#3 05-20-2014 16:20:08

mixer25

Re: SSL Certificate Problems

Thats great, I will give it a go! thanks

Board footer