Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-20-2014 17:31:59

Uncletim
Website

Recurring Price - How does it work

Hi:

I am trying to figure out the details surrounding Recurring Price. The manual only tells me this is an option.

How does it work?

Does it actually submit recurring billing to the processing center monthly? Or quarterly?

How can it do that if it does not store credit cards?

Is this only the front end, (where we have to manually process this every billing cycle)?

is there any additional information on this that I missed somewhere?

Thanks.

#2 02-21-2014 10:04:19

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Recurring Price - How does it work

Hey Tim.  Recurring prices can be used in place of, or in addition to, one-time prices.  When you're using a recurring price, the recurring portion is not taxed and shipping does not apply to the recurring portion - be aware of that.

If you're using Authorize.net AIM, or FirstData API, or PayPal Standard, those gateways are set up to accept the credit card and payment schedule and process them automatically using those systems (cancellations would be done using those systems as well).

If you're using another gateway, you're going to have to manually set up and process those recurring orders with the gateway.  CCP never stores credit card info, and does not recur payments on it's own.

Nick Hendler

#3 02-26-2014 15:28:36

Uncletim
Website

Re: Recurring Price - How does it work

Thanks Nick.

Board footer