Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-21-2014 17:59:06

JayCR48
Website

Product missing from Category

Is there any reason why a product that exists on in the database wouldn't show in the correct category?  I have a situation where a product id "1000" will show if I navigate to wwwmydomain.com/Item/1000, but when I navigate to the category this product is supposed to display in, it will not show.  I've checked this a million ways and I've exported a product from the same category, changed the id and reimported the product and sure enough the new product shows when navigating directly to it, but not when navigating to the category, but the sister product it was cloned from is right there in the category.  What makes CCP decide if a product belongs in a category?  I was under the impression that it would search ecom_prod on the fly for a match on xcat, but apparently there's a queue that is used and my new product is not getting into that queue.  Any help here.  Been stuck for days.

We distribute high quality steel auto body panels for use in the rust repair industry.

#2 01-22-2014 10:11:00

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Product missing from Category

The only trigger is whether or not the product has the category in it's xcat column.  No cache, no timer, etc.  Check to be sure the exact category id is entered in the xcat field for the product in the ecom_prod table.

Nick Hendler

#3 01-22-2014 15:32:38

JayCR48
Website

Maybe something is wrong with my database.  I looked up the part just now in the using the admin interface and looked at the related categories and the correct category is pre-checked in the column "Relate" and Visibility is is set to "Everyone".  I figure, if I imported the product with the incorrect category id, the category wouldn't show as checked when viewing the product in the  Catalog>Products>Related Categories, but in this case the category is checked off, which tells me that the product information is correct.  I've even tried un-checking and re-checking the correct category and re-saving, but it still doesn't show when I navigate to the category, yet all the other products are in the category.  Weird, huh?

We distribute high quality steel auto body panels for use in the rust repair industry.

#4 01-23-2014 16:17:25

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I've seen this before due to copy/paste where an extra (unseen) character shows up in either the product or category id either in the xcat/xprod or id field in the ecom_prod/ecom_cat tables.  Happens very rarely and hard to see.  I recommend deleting the category and re-creating it using a hand-typed id.  Then adjust the product xcat field accordingly.

Nick Hendler

#5 01-23-2014 17:25:42

JayCR48
Website

Worth a try.  I'll do it.

#6 01-23-2014 20:06:11

JayCR48
Website

Or maybe two categories with the same seourl.  That'll do it if you think you're looking at category 1, but you're actually looking at category 2.  Maybe I should have checked that earlier.  Thanks for the help.

Board footer