Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-04-2014 20:28:11

Aorangi

Background images - how to add & file location

I want to add a background image to fill the empty space on left and right sides, and also want to add a background image to the skin header.

The advice given by Nick in reply to a question in January 2013 states:

Attach a background image to the node:

#skin_background

I guess that means in the all.css code below, but I need a few more details of what to do here.  It seems set up to currently use a background pattern, so I guess I just change the file background.png to the background I want to use, and turn repeat on or off as required.  BUT:  Where do I place this file when I upload it via ftp ?  I can see that the url refers to ('../media/background.png').  But I can find no file by that name in my directories, despite there appearing to be a background used in the standard skin. 

Can anyone point me to what I need to do here to get a background image to appear, and, in particular, what is the full directory path where I should place the background image ?

Having conquered placing a background behind the main screens, how then do I place a separate background image behind the skin header area (the part that normally has your logo on left and mini cart icon at right top) ?

#skin_background {

padding: 0px;
     margin: 0px;

background-color: #FFFFCC;

background-image: url('../media/background.png');
     background-position: top left;
     background-repeat: repeat;
     background-attachment: fixed;
     }

#2 01-05-2014 13:12:32

Scootercrew
Website

Re: Background images - how to add & file location

In your control panel go to System/Displays/Display Skins

At this point be very careful.  Just make sure you are clicking exactly what you want to.

Go to Desktop Skin and click on Update

In here under Directoy: /media     You will see the background.png file.  You can click on the (View) new window to see the image alone.  All you need to do is get the image that you want and name it the same name.  Delete the image that is there after you have grabbed a copy of it on your computer.  Up load your new image that has the same background.png name and it will just plug it in for you.  Take a look at our site if you want to know what it will look like.

#3 01-05-2014 22:32:46

Aorangi

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, now I have found all the original images files used in the skin and can change them as I wish.  Have made a few trials and all working perfectly to change both the main background and header background.

Embarrassingly, it was as simple as never having scrolled that far down the screen to find the Directory: /Media part of that page.

Rather than using that facility, I use ftp to load the files I want, now that I know where to put them.  ftp also let me download all the stock standard ones first as a safeguard in case I messed up.

It's also necessary to edit the all.css file if you want to use different file names or to use backgrounds in areas of the desktop other than the main background, as the code has to be copied in to tell CCP to use a background rather than just a color.

Thanks again, solved my problem in 60 seconds.

#4 02-07-2014 18:41:39

mixer25

background-image: url('../media/background2.png');
     background-position: top left;
     background-attachment: fixed;
     }

I just uploaded background2.png and used this, worked a treat.

#5 06-29-2014 11:00:34

mdowning
Website

Scootercrew wrote:

In your control panel go to System/Displays/Display Skins

At this point be very careful.  Just make sure you are clicking exactly what you want to.

Go to Desktop Skin and click on Update

In here under Directoy: /media     You will see the background.png file.  You can click on the (View) new window to see the image alone.  All you need to do is get the image that you want and name it the same name.  Delete the image that is there after you have grabbed a copy of it on your computer.  Up load your new image that has the same background.png name and it will just plug it in for you.  Take a look at our site if you want to know what it will look like.

I've tried this over and over, my background image is the but does not show up as it should. I want it to be tiled...

Here is what it looks like.
http://prepsetcetera.org/store/media/background.png

http://tuxedothemes.org/
Wordpress Themes for business, blogs and personal use.

#6 07-02-2014 09:13:47

webmaster
Administrator
Website

To tile the background image, use:

Nick Hendler

Board footer