Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-09-2013 08:35:34

mixer25

Importer problem from 6 to 8

Hi, I have run the importer from 6 to 8 and it has imported the products ok,  However i'm a bit unsure as  I did a new database when I installed ccp8 from scratch i.e. DB2 and when I have imported from CCP6 it doesn't appear to use the new database as in cpanel it shows zero mb's for the new database.

I was of the understanding the importer imports directly to a new database set up?

Thanks

Last edited by mixer25 (11-09-2013 09:17:55)

#2 11-11-2013 10:11:52

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Importer problem from 6 to 8

Your version 8 is going to use whatever database you inputted in the installer when you set it up.  You can check this by looking at the file {private}/config.php.  The importer will simply import data from your version 6 database into your version 8 database.

Nick Hendler

#3 07-14-2015 11:44:22

LiamEcoRuin

webmaster wrote:

Your version 8 is going to use whatever database you inputted in the installer when you set it up.  You can check this by looking at the file {private}/config.php.  The importer will simply import data from your version 6 database into your version 8 database.

I have several kryptronic sites. I am currently trying to move a version 7 user account database and integrate it to a version 8 kryptronic software. I tried downloading the databases and putting them together and reuploading. I tried dropping the data on the version 7 database and uploading it. but nothing seems to work. How do I do this?

#4 07-16-2015 06:23:59

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Use V7's Raw DB Admin to get a CSV export of the core_users table.  Use the V8 Raw DB Admin CSV import to import the data.  You have to add a column or two manually to your CSV file using Excel that appear in the V8 table that are not in the V7 table.  Looking at exports from both systems will tell you which columns.

Nick Hendler

#5 07-21-2015 14:03:54

LiamEcoRuin

webmaster wrote:

Use V7's Raw DB Admin to get a CSV export of the core_users table.  Use the V8 Raw DB Admin CSV import to import the data.  You have to add a column or two manually to your CSV file using Excel that appear in the V8 table that are not in the V7 table.  Looking at exports from both systems will tell you which columns.

We have done this and the users do not stay in the software. They may be added a short time... but after a day or so we log in and look at the number of users again and the number reflects the additions have been undone. Any idea how this keeps happening?

#6 07-21-2015 14:35:37

zanart

Probably related to the amount of time you store accounts that have not be used.

Location: System Dashboard > System > Component > Settings > Cron Settings

You are probably uploading all the accounts, but they are being deleted again when the cron file is run.

Increase the storage time to 3 years and upload the database again.

Rob

Board footer