Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-04-2013 21:39:51

mgoff1j

Discount code update sending multiple orders

We are using Offline Credit Card and Contact Customer as payment methods.  Since adding a discount code, a pending order is being created every time someone updates the checkout form.  I've turned off ajax updates on the checkout form and guest checkout to help reduce the amount of duplicate orders created.

The store is live and has been heavily customized.  We were hoping not to have to update from 8.0.4 until after the holidays.

Is there a mod to stop all the duplicate pending orders I can add for now?

Mahalo!
Michele

#2 11-05-2013 03:03:10

zanart

Re: Discount code update sending multiple orders

This is due to a mod on your site as it isn't standard behaviour.

Did you install a 'Not Completed' mod from this forum??

Rob

#3 11-05-2013 04:15:11

mgoff1j

No mod has been installed from the forum.

#4 11-05-2013 11:47:41

webmaster
Administrator
Website

It sounds to me like you have Ajax checkout enabled, but have some cookie issues.  Make sure your cookie settings are correct in the installer.

A single order should be created and used per customer, per day, unless one is completed, then another is provisioned for them.  You definitely have a problem somewhere.

Nick Hendler

#5 11-05-2013 18:40:14

mgoff1j

Cookies are set properly in the config.  I've been testing today.  Here's whats happening with or without Ajax checkout on.

I get to the checkout form and a pending order has been created in the admin.  I add incorrect credit card info, press process order, an error message comes back to the check out form and a NEW pending order has been created in the admin.  If I correct the credit card info and press process order, the second pending order moves to precessing as it should.

The first pending order should be the one to get updated all the way through.  Any suggestions as to what could be causing this? 

Mahalo!
M smile

#6 11-06-2013 09:59:48

zanart

I had the exact same problem when I first upgraded to CCP8.

The issue was due to a mod I had installed. Can't remember the exact problem but I think it had something to do with an additional order status I had created.

You have stated your version has been heavily modified. I would reinstall an unedited version of:
/apps/ECOM/ecom_order/ext/0000_status.php
/apps/ECOM/ECOM_checkout/ECOM_checkout.php
/apps/ECOM/ECOM/includes/orderlist.php

just to see if the problem go away.

You can then work through any mods that you have added to these files

Rob

#7 11-06-2013 11:29:29

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Every time an order fails processing a new order should be created, and is being created.  That is normal.  Online processors do not like attempting to process the same order number twice, regardless of whether or not it was successful or failed previously.  Sounds like everything is working as it should and your customers are just having trouble entering their correct payment info.

Nick Hendler

#8 11-06-2013 13:21:35

zanart

Nick

I think the OP's problem was a new order number is created everytime AJAX refreshed the checkout page, i.e. shipping method changed, discount code entered - This isn't normal CCP8 behaviour and it doesn't do it out of the box.

I installed this mod:
https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=17782

That mod created this exact problem.

Mod removed - No Problem.

Rob

#9 11-06-2013 17:01:43

mgoff1j

This file has not been edited.  /apps/ECOM/ECOM_checkout/ECOM_checkout.php

zanart wrote:

I would reinstall an unedited version of:
/apps/ECOM/ecom_order/ext/0000_status.php
/apps/ECOM/ECOM/includes/orderlist.php

These 2 files do not exist in my install?

I have /apps/ECOM/ECOM/includes/prodlist.php or /apps/ECOM/ECOM/includes/ordersummary.php

Nothing even close to this one.  /apps/ECOM/ecom_order/ext/0000_status.php

The duplicate pending order thing is happening without ajax updates on too!

I read through this:
https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=17782

Seems like there's been some kind of pending order issue since CCP5.  I have to agree with some of those folks replies.  Who's got the time to sift through a bunch of non-orders not knowing whats what?  Couldn't they have their own status like Cart?  Why do they generate a real order number, instead of something like prefix PND?  I have been spending a huge amount of time trying to figure out what's really going on with all these pending orders.  My other 10+ clients using CCP stores all use payment gateways and aren't looking for pending orders as real orders, so I haven't had to deal with this before.  My clients are upset with me, as they contacted customers thinking the pending payment status was a contact customer order, only to be embarrassed by the customers saying, "I never sent that order".   

Now that I got that out...

I understand the line of thinking is that an order becomes an order when you collect the money.  I recommended this store to my clients mainly because of the Offline Credit Card and Contact Customer payment options.  They have 4 physical gallery locations where the artwork is displayed.  Payment for a piece that sells online is processed by the gallery that the piece resides in.  Hence, the offline credit card.  Brilliant! 

They are in the business of selling artwork and many of their pieces are quite expensive.  The contact customer option is key for those who do not want to put their credit card in for an online order that is thousands of dollars.  I feel that if contact customer and

Nick,

How about a different prefix and/or status for abandoned carts and duplicates?  As a work-around, I was planning on looking into this.  I need to do something for my client right now to help them sift through pending orders.

Any suggestions?

Mahalo!
Michele smile

#10 11-06-2013 17:31:29

mgoff1j

I found orderlist.php...
It's actually in /core/CORE/includes/orderlist.php.  This file has not been not edited.

#11 11-07-2013 11:44:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

All pending orders have a 'status' = 'P'.  That's how you identify them.

Nick Hendler

#12 11-07-2013 12:24:26

mgoff1j

Thanks Nick!  I added a new order status yesterday in the back end.  I seems like its going to be quite a bit of work to integrate it in all the way through.  I'm meeting with my client to discuss this morning.  Unfortunately, they don't have the extra budget to pay me to add this in.  How much would you charge to add this custom feature?

The only thing they have to go on will be the email that's generated from an actual order.  Hopefully, they don't lose any orders because there's a hiccup on the server and an email doesn't come through.

Now that I really understanding how the pending orders work...  That one is created as soon as you push the checkout button, I think it's kind of confusing in the admin.  Some of their customers comments so far all make sense now.  One called to cancel and said the store made the order all by itself because they never pressed process order.

Mahalo!
Michele smile

Last edited by mgoff1j (11-07-2013 12:24:56)

#13 11-08-2013 10:22:13

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I think you should look into installing the Batch Order Management module.  It allows you to easily view all the open orders and follow up on pending ones.  It will let you add new order statuses as well.

Nick Hendler

#14 11-08-2013 12:05:42

mgoff1j

I'll take a look at that over the weekend.  I appreciate the suggestion Nick!

Aloha!

Board footer