Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-15-2013 16:18:54

believe
Website

Where to specify which Mail skin each message type should use?

I'm sure in the old version of CCP I could specify which mail skin my order confirmations should use - however, I don't seem to be able to find where this is done in CCP 8.

I'm looking in System > Mail > Mail Messages > Order Confirmation Message (Customer)

Where am I going wrong?

#2 10-16-2013 03:02:59

nigel
Website

Re: Where to specify which Mail skin each message type should use?

you might have to add something to the php code to select the desired skin:

Code:

<?php $this->globals('core_display.skin','skin.SKIN_NAME'); ?>

#3 10-16-2013 08:40:39

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This option is not available in version 8. This software uses a single mail skin (skin.MailMessage).  If you would like to adjust CSS or XHTML displays in that skin, edit the skin itself ({public}/skins/MailMessage/skin.php).  You could set a global in your order confirmation include which is picked up by the mail skin to present the correct display.

Nick Hendler

#4 07-27-2015 09:50:59

LiamEcoRuin

webmaster wrote:

This option is not available in version 8. This software uses a single mail skin (skin.MailMessage).  If you would like to adjust CSS or XHTML displays in that skin, edit the skin itself ({public}/skins/MailMessage/skin.php).  You could set a global in your order confirmation include which is picked up by the mail skin to present the correct display.

So there is no way to toggle between which skin the mail system uses anymore? For example... I am running a special this month and want to switch the skin without replacing everything. Is there a namespace or something I can change to make it temporarily pull the new skin for my special then switch it back at the end of the month?

#5 07-28-2015 07:29:54

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Create your second mail skin, ensure that it's name begins with 'Mail', like 'Mailcustom' or something like that.  Upload it to the {public}/skins directory and then access System > Displays > Display Skins, which will load it into the system.  Next, access System > Component > Settings > Display Settings and change the mail skin to the new one.  Send your message and then change it back.

Nick Hendler

Board footer