Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-14-2013 15:54:08

Anthonypi

Upgrading to version 8

I want to upgrade to version 8 from 7  and I'm changing hosting servers.
2 main questions I have
1)  If i purchase the upgrade package and install that on the new server can i migrate my products and db info  into the new one, or do I have to manually export db tables and import.
2) How can I set up the new store, while leaving the old one up and running, as i will want to use the same domain name for the new one only on a different server.

#2 06-17-2013 08:28:59

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Upgrading to version 8

You need CCP7 and CCP8 in the same hosting account at the same time in order to upgrade from one to the other.  If you are upgrading and moving to a new server, you basically have two choices:

1. Install CCP8 on the old domain, run the CCP7->CCP8 importer there, then move it to the new domain.

2. Install CCP8 on the new domain, copy the filesystem and database for CCP7 to the new server, adjust the CCP7 public config.php file so it has the right server paths in it, adjust the CCP7 private config.php file so it has the correct database info in it, run the CCP7->CCP8 importer, then delete the temp install of CCP7.

In order to run both at the same time, CCP8 should be running on the new server with a dedicated IP address to allow access via the IP.

Nick Hendler

#3 06-17-2013 14:34:18

Anthonypi

Re: Upgrading to version 8

HI Thanks I think I'll try option 2.

Board footer