Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-20-2013 13:27:22

sdn

How to Add New Shipper to BOM Interface

Please can you tell me where/how we can add a new shipping company to the BOM interface?

Thanks
Simon

Simon

#2 03-21-2013 09:17:16

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: How to Add New Shipper to BOM Interface

If you add a new tracking number field to the ecom_orders table and make the column name start with 'track' ie. 'tracknewshipper', then it will show up there.

Nick Hendler

#3 03-21-2013 09:34:10

sdn

Thanks. I have added a new shipper before but just could not remember how I did it. I will add this to my personal CCP8 user manual.

Simon

#4 03-23-2013 05:39:36

sdn

We added Royal Mail as one of the couriers but the order tracking page does not work.

I have found out that to track RM packages you just need to use "http://track2.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track?trackNumber=[TRACKING NUMBER]" as detailed at http://www.royalmail.com/royal-mail-you … ur-website

How can we make the tracking work for our customers? I looked at the usps.php file for clues but this seems far more complicated than necessary.

Would it be possible for future versions of EuropaCart to be supplied as standard with Royal Mail and ParcelForce rather than USPS?

Would it be possible to have CCP upload order shipment/tracking details to PayPal?

Last edited by sdn (03-24-2013 04:44:37)

Simon

#5 03-25-2013 07:53:21

webmaster
Administrator
Website

How can we make the tracking work for our customers?

You can add a link to the order summary page (edit {private}/apps/ecom/ECOM/includes/ordersummary.php) to do this.

Would it be possible for future versions of EuropaCart to be supplied as standard with Royal Mail and ParcelForce rather than USPS?

Do you mean realtime quotes, or just the tracking?

Would it be possible to have CCP upload order shipment/tracking details to PayPal?

It might be possible to get this information from Raw DB Admin in CSV format by exporting from the ecom_orders table, then upload to PayPal.

Nick Hendler

#6 03-25-2013 08:48:34

sdn

From our perspective I don't think there is any need to have realtime quotes as you already provide the the RM and PF shipping tables (although the ParcelForce rates are out of date and we use our own rates for Royal Mail).

But allowing customer to track their packages is worthwhile and certainly better than returning them with the current error message "An error was encountered while obtaining tracking information. Please try again later." This just leads them to suspect there is a problem with their shipment.

Simon

#7 03-27-2013 08:20:26

sdn

Can you give me a heads up on doing this.

I looked at ordersummarytxt.php but cannot see how tracking data is displayed using it.

ordersummaryxhtml.php seems to be the script that generates the "Order Summary" page I am looking at.

How would we change the "View Package Tracking Information. " hyperlink so it displays the tracking number (preferably still inside our site).

Simon

Board footer