Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-29-2012 01:28:31

fudgeguy

Add to Cart and other buttons don't look right.

I am working to get my site converted from an existing CCP 6 site. I used the CCP6 to CCP8 converter to bring my web site data into a new CCP8 install.  I have reciently realized that my buttons for add-to-cart, add-to-wish-list and other checkout buttons do not look right. 

They are almost square so I can't see much of the label text. The corners are also square and not rounded like the demo site.  The background images that change with hovering look like they are working.

I have selected the custom-css  colorscheme which I have been updating to look simular to my existing site. However, If I select the default or one of the other colorschemes that I haven't changed, it doesn't seem to make a differance. 

I am assuming that I have inadvertantly changed something, but I haven't been able to track down what it would have been.  If any one can suggest what I need to fix, I would appreciate it. 

My current development site address is http://www.premiumfudge.com/ccp8/index.php

Thanks,
Paul Groe

#2 09-29-2012 03:38:12

121NetDesign

Re: Add to Cart and other buttons don't look right.

They look fine in Safari. Don't forget earlier versions of Internet Explorer don't 'recognise' border-radius.

Try viewing your site in various browsers.

Tommy Lee

#3 09-29-2012 06:42:16

Dave

Looks fine in FF too.

#4 09-29-2012 12:01:08

fudgeguy

Thanks for the replies, I looked at it using my Chrome browser and they do look ok there.  I am running IE 9.0 and the buttons look ok other web CCP8 sites that have looked at.  My best guess now is that I have something subtile wrong in one of my css pages that is causing IE to have an issue.  I'll just need to keep poking around.

Thanks,
Paul

#5 12-21-2012 03:59:18

Scootercrew
Website

I agree it looks like it suppose to in Fire Fox.

#6 12-21-2012 04:42:27

fudgeguy

Just a quick update on something that I realized. The problem with the buttons is only when IE is displaying the pages in compatibility mode.

#7 12-21-2012 08:12:45

webmaster
Administrator
Website

IE shouldn't be running in compatibility mode.  That means it's using it's IE7 engine, which has a terrible rendering system that doesn't support the full range of CSS.  Don't worry - not many people are still using IE7 and fewer are running IE9 in compatibility mode.  The buttons looking strange are due to IE7's lack of support for the inline-block display style.

Nick Hendler

Board footer