Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-10-2012 02:11:04

Aircut
Website

Product Filters 101

I looked through the manual and could not find details explanation.

could someone pls take the time and explain what is the Product Filters feature, how it is used, and where the filters show up on the site?

are the  designated slots are the same location for the feature products slots?

confused

#2 09-10-2012 06:01:58

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Product Filters 101

(1) Add filters to each of the filter groups under Store > Catalog > Product Filters.  For example, if you want to use 'Color' as filter group 2, enter a bunch of color names as filters and assign them to filter group 2 there.

(2) Under Store > Catalog > Products, edit products and assign filters to each of them.  For example, if a product comes in Black and Red, in the Product Filters section, select Black and Red under Slot 2 Product Filters.

(3) Adjust settings for filter groups under Store > Component > Settings > Product Filters to turn on/off filter groups and adjust how they act.  For our example, I would recommend using the following settings:

Activate Product Filter: true
Slot 2: Name: Color
Slot 2 Filter: Activate: true

Then you can choose to expand or collapse the filter by default by setting 'Slot 2: Expand Filter' and in what order that filter is presented by adjusting 'Slot 2: Sort Order'.

(4) For any categories where you don't want the filters to show up, you can set 'Disable Product Filter' to true under Store > Catalog > Categories.

It's not really all that difficult to set the filters up or use them.

Nick Hendler

#3 09-10-2012 13:03:08

Aircut
Website

thank you!

#4 09-25-2012 06:20:18

taylormaai

I can't get the Product Filters Widget to appear in the SIDEMENU even though its activate=true.  I have several products associated with Filters.  Any thoughts?

#5 09-25-2012 15:55:47

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Did you disable the Product Filter skin widget under System > Displays > Skin Widgets?

Nick Hendler

#6 09-28-2012 05:49:26

Ian Gore

Unless I have misunderstood, it is only possible to have a maximum of 5 filters to cover all products?

If I wanted to add in more filters (we  have a huge range of products of varying types), is this possible and how would I go about it?

Thanks for any assistance

Ian

#7 09-28-2012 11:22:16

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Yes, that is correct.  Although you can use different filter values in the same filter group to get different results depending on what's in a category or list.  For example if you create a filter group named 'Customizations Available' you could have values for that like:

Experience Level - Beginner
Experience Level - Intermediate
Class - Large
Class - Small

And you could just assign products in once category to use the Experience Level options, and in another category to use the Class options.

Nick Hendler

#8 01-28-2013 17:48:56

mixer25

Worth mentioning... make sure the Identifier name does not have the same slot name too, this stopped it working on mine, until I changed it, it had one word i.e. Identifier-COLOUR Slot Name-COLOUR-SHOE and this still caused a hiccup!

#9 01-14-2014 01:16:55

Malindo
Website

Hi there,
These are few issues I am having with product filters ,WE NEED HELP.
1- let say  i.e some identifier can show correct and some of them don't  is there any limitation?
2- The product filter is hidden when we need something that permanently show and I need a selection (list /menu) DROP DOWN instead of check box to select.
3- Can we get a code that will allow us to show the product finder just under the banner.

#10 01-14-2014 09:27:14

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Can you please explain your questions a bit better?  Are you looking for custom coding for the product filters?  Do you need them changed to selection lists?

Nick Hendler

#11 01-15-2014 19:16:52

Malindo
Website

Hi Nick

Thank you for your response.

I don't really know, i am not a coder. What I can tell you is that :
1- on my site product filter is hidden, how can I do to make it show at all time?
2- I am using three variables for the search queries ( product type ,Model and color). For Model product filter can only show 4 items out of 10 as you can see on my site menu items. Product type is ok but Colour shows 4 (Black,Cyan,Magenta) and Yellow is missing, tell me why that is happening?
These are my problems right  now, could you tell me how to fix that?

The product filter is hidden when we need something that permanently show and I need a selection (list /menu) DROP DOWN instead of check box to select.Can we get a code that will allow us to show the product finder just under the banner?
Do I need a custom a custom coding for that??

Thanks

Malindo

#12 01-16-2014 11:31:11

webmaster
Administrator
Website

1- on my site product filter is hidden, how can I do to make it show at all time?

Do you mean it's not expanded, and you'd like it to default to expanded view?

2- I am using three variables for the search queries ( product type ,Model and color). For Model product filter can only show 4 items out of 10 as you can see on my site menu items. Product type is ok but Colour shows 4 (Black,Cyan,Magenta) and Yellow is missing, tell me why that is happening?

The items being listed likely do not have those additional options selected.  The list will only present options available in the listing of products being presented.

Nick Hendler

#13 01-16-2014 11:47:43

Malindo
Website

Hi Nick

Thx

Yes I mean it's not expanded, and you'd like it to default to expanded view. How do I go about?

For the rest let look into that and get back to you.

Thanks

#14 01-17-2014 09:18:59

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Edit the file {private}/apps/ecom/ECOM/includes/skinwidgetprodfilter.php.  Remove or comment out this code block:

Code:

if (empty($pfdata['expand'])) {

$js_docready  = 'jQuery(\'#' . $thisid . '--header\').attr({\'class\': \'skin_widgetfilterheader_off\'});' . $eol;
          $js_docready .= 'jQuery(\'#' . $thisid . '--wrapper\').css({\'display\': \'none\'});';

$this->append_global_array('core.js_docready',$js_docready);

} // End of if statement.

Nick Hendler

#15 01-20-2014 08:02:37

Malindo
Website

Thank you Nick

It now working.

Here is the skinwidgetprodfilter.php with cahnges made in order to have 3 dropdown field .Could you check it out ?
What went wrong?

Code:

<?php 

$eol           = $this->globals('core.eol');

$prodfilter    = $this->globals('ecom.prodfilter');
if (empty($prodfilter)) {return 1;}

$enableajax   = $this->globals('core_settings.ecom.enableprodfilterajax');

$widget_name  = $this->xhtml_encode($this->globals('core_app.name_skinwidget_prodfilter'));
$widget_class = $this->xhtml_encode($this->globals('core_app.class_skinwidget_prodfilter'));

if (empty($widget_name))  {$widget_name  = 'Product Filter';}
if (empty($widget_class)) {$widget_class = 'skin_widgetclass_SIDEMENU';}

$ajax_active   = $this->globals('core.ajax_active');

if (empty($ajax_active)) {

print '<div id="ecom_skinwidget_prodfilter" class="' . $widget_class . '">' . $eol;

print '<div class="skin_widgettitle">' . $widget_name . '</div>' . $eol;

print '<div class="skin_widgetcontent">' . $eol;

$formid  = 'ecom--prodfilter';
$app     = $this->globals('ecom.prodfilter_app');
$ns      = $this->globals('ecom.prodfilter_ns');
$ref     = $this->globals('ecom.prodfilter_ref');
$count   = 0;

$paramarr = array('prodfilterdo' => 1);

if (!(empty($ref))) {$paramarr['ref'] = $ref;}

$this->globals('core.quickform_margin_none',1);

$this->xhtml_quickform_header($formid,$app,$ns,$paramarr);

$this->globals('core.quickform_margin_none',0);

foreach ($prodfilter as $pfnum => $pfdata) {

$thisid = 'prodfilter--' . $pfnum;

$headerclass = 'skin_widgetfilterheader_on';

print '<div class="' . $headerclass . '" id="' . $thisid . '--header">';
     print '<a onclick="toggleFilter(\'' . $thisid . '--wrapper\', \'' . $thisid . '--header\');">';
     print $this->xhtml_encode($pfdata['name']) . '</a></div>' . $eol;

print '<div id="' . $thisid . '--wrapper" class="skin_widgetfiltercontainer">' . $eol;

print '<table class="invisible" style="margin: 0px;">' . $eol;

foreach ($pfdata['options'] as $pfdoid => $pfdinfo) {

$checked = ''; if (!(empty($pfdinfo['selected']))) {$checked = ' checked="checked"';}

print '<tr><td class="invisible" style="padding: 0px 4px 1px 0px; width: 15px;">';
          print '<input class="select fields" style="margin: 0px;" type="combo-boxes" name="';
          print 'prodfiltersel[]" id="' . $this->xhtml_encode($pfdoid) . '--' . $count;
          print '" value="' . $this->xhtml_encode($pfdoid) . '"' . $checked . ' />';
          print '</td><td class="invisible" style="padding: 0px 4px 1px 0px;">';
          print '<span class="small">' . $this->xhtml_encode($pfdinfo['name']) . '</span></td></tr>' . $eol;

if (!(empty($enableajax))) {

$ajax_params = '{\'primary\': \'ContentWithTitle\', \'overlay\': \'1\', \'callback\': \'ajaxExecResult\', \'formid\': \'' . $formid . '\'}';

$js_docready  = 'jQuery(\'#' . $this->xhtml_encode($pfdoid) . '--' . $count . '\').change(function(){';
               $js_docready .= 'if (window.mytimeout) {window.clearTimeout(window.mytimeout);} ';
               $js_docready .= 'window.mytimeout = window.setTimeout(function(){';
               $js_docready .= 'return ajaxExec(' . $ajax_params . ');';
               $js_docready .= '}, 1000);});';

$count++;

} // End of foreach statement.

print '</table>' . $eol;

print '</div>' . $eol;

} // End of foreach statement.

$buttonid = $formid . '--SUBMIT';

print '<div id="' . $buttonid . '--wrapper"><input class="formbutton" type="submit" name="';
print $buttonid . '" id="' . $buttonid . '" value="Update Product Filter" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;" /></div>' . $eol;

if (!(empty($enableajax))) {

$js_docready  = 'jQuery(\'#' . $buttonid . '--wrapper\').css({\'display\': \'none\'});';

print '</form>' . $eol;

print '</div>' . $eol;

if (empty($ajax_active)) {

print '</div>' . $eol . $eol;

?>

#16 01-20-2014 10:01:54

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Awesome.  Looks good to me.

Nick Hendler

#17 01-20-2014 18:33:58

Malindo
Website

Hi Nick

Thank you for your answer, as you said it look good but the result on the site is not so good .Please have a look on the site (product filter).

Thanks

#18 01-21-2014 11:56:27

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I will - just give me a URL to look at.

Nick Hendler

#19 01-23-2014 06:35:01

Malindo
Website

Hi

I actually need product finder Under the banner with a dropdown list for selection.Here is my site link :bikocartridges.com.
This is a sample of what i need from (cartridgesave.co.uk ,cartridgediscount.co.uk)
Please let me know if I need to contact custom shop team or if I can get the code from you.

Thanks

#20 01-23-2014 16:19:04

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Nick Hendler

#21 02-04-2014 10:44:22

Malindo
Website

Hi Nick

I.ve just found exactly what I'm looking for , this is the link  http://chainsawchain.eu/ , it is  from one menber .Could tell me how to make it work.

Thanks

#22 02-07-2014 14:42:47

webmaster
Administrator
Website

That's not using product filters - that's a custom JavaScript that member has put on their site to point to specific products.

Nick Hendler

#23 02-07-2014 14:59:25

Malindo
Website

Thanks

How do I get that?

#24 02-10-2014 11:24:29

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You can probably ask them for it.  Hit them up using the contact form on their site.

Nick Hendler

#25 03-20-2014 10:16:04

Malindo
Website

Hi Nick,

Can you tell us how to make Product filter expanded any time on the site. As it will be better to allow anybody to filter their search.The idea is that we don't want it to appear only when an item is enter for search.In that way product filter will be a tool for filtering the search.

Thanks

Board footer