Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-08-2001 10:50:55

make registration optional?

Hey, Great shopping cart.
Is there any way to cut out some of the many steps required to  actually place an order? Like letting someone order without registering? A simple, streamlined "Express" ordering process.
Like if they just want to order a single item.

There are so many steps involved in completing an order that I can understand why the statistics show that 70% of people never complete their online order. I think we need a simple solution.

Thanks

Giorgio

#2 05-13-2001 20:20:52

eloy

Re: make registration optional?

Just wanted to make the webmaster and others at Kryptronic aware that I would like to know the answer to this post as well - so there are certainly others who would be interested in making the checkout process faster. It is somewhat annoying at this point and this gentleman poses an excellent question. I hope that his question gets an informative answer as I certainly would like to know as well!

My correct email address is ehugill@hotmail.com. It is incorrect should you click to email me from this forum.

#3 05-14-2001 09:23:01

This is a feature that we are tackling in our next release.  The registration will be eliminated.  Customers will still have to fill out their information for shipping purposes, but will only have to fill it in once.  That information will be stored in a cookie and will show up automatically from there on out on every page that calls for it (mail list, contact page, any forms.)  So unless they delete that cookie, the software will remember all of their info. 

This is going to cut down on a lot of steps and make for a much speedier order process.

#4 05-15-2001 07:28:42

Will it still have the ability for order tracking?

Because I too, would LOVE to get rid of the registration bit.

#5 05-25-2001 06:37:00

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Release 4.0 eliminated user login functionality because really it was not needed for anything but tracking an order and storing information.  In the new release we began storing the user information in a cookie and now require a tracking number and email address to view an order for tracking.  The short answer: order tracking is still around.

Nick Hendler

#6 05-27-2001 17:29:47

How long has CCP 4.0 been out? I think I have 3 something, so how does it cost to upgrade to the newest version and can the upgrade be done without re-loading the entire program?

#7 06-05-2001 07:58:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

In the next few days an upgrade script will be available from most CCP3.x versions to CCP4.  The script will be posted on the the CCP site.  Stay tuned.

Nick Hendler

Board footer