Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-23-2012 00:09:04

vbsaltydog
Website

Cartmod Extreme SEO XMOD removal instructions

I have been getting requests to remove the Extreme SEO XMOD from v7 sites in preparation for a v7 to v8 upgrade and while I am happy to support my software/customers, there is something to consider.

If you remove the Extreme SEO XMOD and upgrade to v8, and ASSUMING v8 cannot handle Extreme SEO XMOD URLs, then all of your search engine indexed URLs will cease to work properly and will likely take search engine directed visitors  to a v8 generic error page which will be bad for your search engine placement.

This problem can be avoided by making sure that the following Extreme SEO XMOD rules remain in your .htaccess file and are placed before any v8 rewrite rules:

Code:

RewriteRule ^([^/].+)/([^--].+)--(.+)\.html$ /index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=$3 [L,PT]
RewriteRule ^([^--].+)--(.+)\.htm$ /index.php?app=cms&ns=display&ref=$2 [L,PT]
RewriteRule ^([^--].+)--(.+)\.html$ /index.php?app=ecom&ns=catshow&ref=$2 [L,PT]
RewriteRule ^(.*)-(.*)/(.*)\.html /index.php?app=$1&ns=$2&ref=$3 [L,PT]

After doing this for backwards compatibility, simply remove the following file from your v7 installation to remove the Extreme SEO XMOD:

Code:

core-private/core/CORE/tasks_startup/0400_extremeseo.php

and then upgrade v7 to v8 as per the Kryptronic documentation.

Thank you,

-Stephen Madison

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

#2 08-23-2012 07:33:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Cartmod Extreme SEO XMOD removal instructions

Thanks, Stephen.  I'm glad removal is this simple.  That's great.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-23-2012 08:25:32

Graham
Website

Please can we have a version of these instructions for those of us who use Zeus Hosting, thanks.

#4 08-23-2012 08:33:53

vbsaltydog
Website

Graham wrote:

Please can we have a version of these instructions for those of us who use Zeus Hosting, thanks.

It's the same, just copy the Zeus rewrite rules vs htaccess rewrite rules.

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

Board footer