Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-10-2012 14:39:09

dimitrik

v8 Important Upgrade Questions.

1.will there be any multi-store support or way to set that up with a single backend? Magento has this functionality. If V8 Does not include this I would be interested in paying to get this accomplished through the custom shop.

2. What versions of PHP is supported and what are the other server requirements.

3. what versions of joomla is supported.

4. Is google base mod updated to the newest requirements????

5. Batch order management is a irreplaceable asset to our company. Please tell me batch order still works.

4.I am currently using joomla for CMS however i am considering making a CCP standalone. I am very interested in having a custom skin done when V8 Comes out as I am leaning towards buying a new license as opposed to an upgrade. If anyone has the time to deliver quickly please send me a quote for a "full" skin to Dimitri@aresarmor.com We are willing to pay for work I am not looking for a handout. Thanks!

#2 08-10-2012 16:15:21

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: v8 Important Upgrade Questions.

1.  Multi-store functionality is not supported out of the box in v8, however we have done relatively inexpensive mods for some users on v7 (even easier in v8) using http mirrors and URL recognition to get multiple URLs functioning on a store, and having the store display different skins and settings based on the URL.  See the following: alligata.co.uk and indigo.co (they use the same install/code/etc but respond on different URLs with different skins and menus.

2. v8 supports PHP 4.3 on up through the latest version is supported.  In order to run it you also need a database (mysql, postgresql or sqlite) and a mail server (smtp, sendmail or php mail).

3. Joomla! 1.5 all the way up through the latest version is supported.

4. GoogleBase has been enhanced in v8, but is still an add-on extension module.

5. Batch Order Management still works.  If you're upgrading from v7, that module will be upgraded when you upgrade everything else, at no extra cost.

6. You can submit your quote request and requirements to our custom shop at the following URL, if you would like Kryptronic to handle your new skin work.   We're booked until the end of September right now, though:

https://kryptronic.com/Software-Custom-Shop

Nick Hendler

#3 08-10-2012 16:21:58

lgt
Website

I agree, multi-store option should be a mod.  X-Cart has a 3rd party program to pull all the info from the stores onto a PC. 

Batch Order Management is very good.  However, a mod to export to UPS Worldship and Stamps.com would greatly improve things.

#4 08-10-2012 22:23:04

dimitrik

webmaster wrote:

1.  Multi-store functionality is not supported out of the box in v8, however we have done relatively inexpensive mods for some users on v7 (even easier in v8) using http mirrors and URL recognition to get multiple URLs functioning on a store, and having the store display different skins and settings based on the URL.  See the following: alligata.co.uk and indigo.co (they use the same install/code/etc but respond on different URLs with different skins and menus.

2. v8 supports PHP 4.3 on up through the latest version is supported.  In order to run it you also need a database (mysql, postgresql or sqlite) and a mail server (smtp, sendmail or php mail).

5. Batch Order Management still works.  If you're upgrading from v7, that module will be upgraded when you upgrade everything else, at no extra cost.

6. You can submit your quote request and requirements to our custom shop at the following URL, if you would like Kryptronic to handle your new skin work.   We're booked until the end of September right now, though:

Still debating on updating or just buying a new license. Kinda want to ditch joomla to lose some bulk on the site. If I buy a new license do I need to buy all new xmods as well?

#5 08-11-2012 16:14:27

jj1987
Website

dimitrik wrote:

webmaster wrote:

Still debating on updating or just buying a new license. Kinda want to ditch joomla to lose some bulk on the site. If I buy a new license do I need to buy all new xmods as well?

Why would you buy a new license rather than upgrade?

-James Garrett

#6 08-11-2012 18:51:05

v8power
Website

Nick,

Is there a "Free shipping to the U.S. and a cost for international" option?
Is there an "available for back order" option when stock is zero?

Thanks!

I'm glad I waited looks clean!

#7 08-12-2012 00:15:36

Iceit88
Website

v8power, I have a script I developed for ccp7, that uses "Free US Ship/ Charge International"  If you want it, let me know.

Bryan

Hat Trick Sports, LLC

#8 08-13-2012 06:36:15

webmaster
Administrator
Website

v8power- That would be done as a custom shipping script.  Grab the one from Iceit88 - it should work fine.

dimitrik- You should just upgrade the v7 site to v8 and shut down the Joomla! connection in it.  Use the default skin that ships with v8 and update the logos and when you have time, restyle it to get a better design.  Joomla! has a serious amount of bloat - you'll see your site run much, much, much faster without it.

Nick Hendler

#9 08-13-2012 14:58:33

dimitrik

the issue with updating the original one and killing the joomla connection is that joomla is very heavily running the look of the site. We do fairly decent numbers a day and having our site down for even one day would cost us a whole lot more than just buying a new license.

Also since we plan on having the skin custom done we would like to get all that set up before anything goes live so to speak.

If someone wants to quote on doing us pretty much an entire skin our phone number is 7606502737 ask for dimitri.

my email is dimitri@aresarmor.com

As far as the multi store thing goes. Would it be possible to have different products showing on different stores that all get processed by one back end? or is stuck with the same products and categories just different domains/skins?

#10 08-13-2012 16:02:16

mixer25

Looks great, especially the iPad part... I really like the search bit where the products pop up i.e. amp (as in pic).

Any news on multiple images made easy?  for our customers?

and is general product inputting on a WYSIWYG?

Thanks Guys!

#11 08-13-2012 20:42:31

tony
Website

Love the new version but My Big Question ?

How painful will the upgrade to v8 be? I just got v7 working right!!

I wonder if the upgrade to a working store will require setting up all the shipping accounts and paypal payflo pro settings all over again or does it maintain existing settings, product, and categories. Any info would be appreciated for sure.

Saw the post about skins Thanks Nick for making the skins work with certain changes.

Last edited by tony (08-13-2012 21:01:59)

#12 08-15-2012 16:36:37

webmaster
Administrator
Website

It should take the typical user about 30 minutes to upgrade if they follow the step-by-step instructions we're publishing.  Most of your settings will not have to be reconfigured, and in the case where they do need to be reconfigured, the instructions will clearly state what to do.

Nick Hendler

#13 08-16-2012 19:29:27

jj1987
Website

tony wrote:

Love the new version but My Big Question ?

How painful will the upgrade to v8 be? I just got v7 working right!!

I wonder if the upgrade to a working store will require setting up all the shipping accounts and paypal payflo pro settings all over again or does it maintain existing settings, product, and categories. Any info would be appreciated for sure.

Saw the post about skins Thanks Nick for making the skins work with certain changes.

6->7 didn't really have any difficulty with these things, I doubt 8 will either.

-James Garrett

Board footer