Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-16-2012 07:28:45

binibi
Website

Changing Defualt shipping

Hi All, it been a very long time since i posted on this forum (05/2008 in fact)

just recently upgraded from 6 to 7 and must say there have been some great improvements.

But since upgrading i am having problems trying to amend the default shipping method.

Currently i have the default as customer collection
and this is a pain as some customers are not checking and items are being sold with collection

i need it to be our standard next day delivery and customer collection as the last option.

please help

"I eat cos I'm fat & I'm fat cos I eat... Its a vicious circle..."

#2 07-16-2012 08:33:07

zanart

Re: Changing Defualt shipping

It has been a while since I changed this, but in ECOM_ship.php around line 739 you should find where the array is sorted - default was asort($zshipinfo).

I changed this to sort($zshipinfo) so the array is sorted in reverse alphabetic order. I then made sure the wording of the shipping names got the array in the correct order.

Alternatively you could use arsort($zshipinfo) so the highest value is first, not the lowest.

Thanks
Rob

Rob

#3 07-16-2012 09:45:09

binibi
Website

Thanks Zanart,

seems insane to have shipping sorted via alphabetical or in lowest to highest.

In ver.6 you can choose whichever order so i had standard then urgent and then free for collection

Has anyone else have any further suggestion before i commit myself to this work through?

thanks zanart for the quick response

"I eat cos I'm fat & I'm fat cos I eat... Its a vicious circle..."

#4 07-16-2012 10:06:13

dh783
Website

CCP7 has a free shipping threshold that when set to more than zero and a sale meets the amount ccp will give free shipping and then remove that amount from the rest of the shipping choices, any shipping choice that is zero will automatically be at the top, so you can see why the shipping choices are sorted from lowest to highest. With this as a standard if you change the sort order of the shipping selections in the wrong place you will not be able to activate the free shipping threshold as the rest of the script will basically remove any other shipping cost making them all zero so if you do so you need to make sure that the resorting is done after the script has done it's thing and before it is sent to the display script.

There is also a mod to insert an in store pickup option on the forum and the same can be done to place your choice at the end of the shipping list instead of at the top.

John

Board footer