Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-11-2012 14:42:16

Casimiro
Website

Help with a 301 redirect for a specific link

Hello.

Background:

I have an affiliate that is linking incorrectly to my site.  (I have contacted the person to change the link on her site but she has not done so.)     Since the link is wrong, the system presents this message to a user  "The item you selected cannot be viewed. Please make a selection from the menu to continue."  Obviously, this isn't a good landing page.

According to Google's Webmaster Tools, there are over 200 links pointing to this page and not wanting to waste the "link juice", I would like to redirect it to the home page.  Ideally, I would still like to give her credit for the visit.

My attempt:

I tried to enter the following in a .htaccess file but the redirect isn't working.

Code:

redirect 301 /shop/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=nivgO12jeC http://www.brenditasbodyworks.com/shop/index.php?&mktsrc=nivgO12jeC

I have other redirects in that .htaccess  file that are working fine.  I even tried to change the destination to index.php (without the affiliate info) but still nothing.  It's as if the first address is not being recognized.

Any thoughts?

Board footer