Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-10-2012 03:49:26

mark3

Installing CCP7 on IP address and not using domain name

Hello,

I'm working on a new version of a website and the old one is still online and using its domain name. The new site is hosted on a different server and it will use CCP7. Currently, I'm accessing/previewing/testing this new website using the IP address of the server.
My question is can CCP7 be installed on a hosting with just IP address and not a real domain name? This will be just for testing. When everything is done with the new site, I'll change the DNS records and the domain name will be pointing to this new server's IP address.
I was looking at the forum for an information that may help and I found this post:

https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic. … 34#p118734

where

Dave wrote:

It won't work though if you're using an IP address for testing instead of a domain name.

If this is really true, is there a way I can make CCP7 work in something like a test mode but using just the IP address of the hosting machine?

Thank you!

"May The Open Source Be With You!"

#2 07-10-2012 11:42:11

jj1987
Website

Re: Installing CCP7 on IP address and not using domain name

CCP works fine on an IP address, the only thing that doesn't work are the cookies.

-James Garrett

#3 07-11-2012 07:24:30

mark3

It looks like the admin interface is working fine so far. I'm concerned about the  since it requires a list of allowed URLs from which I can post to the cart(I don't know if I can use IP addresses there instead of URLs).
I'm still not ready to test this though.

#4 07-12-2012 02:34:44

Dave

URLs may be IP addresses so you will be able to test that too.

#5 07-16-2012 09:29:44

mark3

jj1987,Dave - you were both right. It works when you insert the IP address instead of the domain name for the Remote E-Commerce Settings. I can add products to the cart using a remote add to cart form  - no problem.
But when I leave the cart page(View Cart) and then go back to it, it says that there are no items in it.
My guess is that this is because the cookies are not working(since I have just an IP and no real domain name).
Is that true or maybe this is a problem/bug that needs to be fixed?

#6 07-16-2012 10:19:18

jj1987
Website

mark3 wrote:

jj1987,Dave - you were both right. It works when you insert the IP address instead of the domain name for the Remote E-Commerce Settings. I can add products to the cart using a remote add to cart form  - no problem.
But when I leave the cart page(View Cart) and then go back to it, it says that there are no items in it.
My guess is that this is because the cookies are not working(since I have just an IP and no real domain name).
Is that true or maybe this is a problem/bug that needs to be fixed?

Are the sid's showing up in your URLS?

-James Garrett

#7 07-17-2012 02:50:07

mark3

jj1987 wrote:

Yes, SID is showing up in the URL. But every time I perform these actions 'add to cart' > 'back to site' > 'back to cart' and SID in the URL is different.

#8 07-17-2012 07:12:10

jj1987
Website

mark3 wrote:

jj1987 wrote:

Yes, SID is showing up in the URL. But every time I perform these actions 'add to cart' > 'back to site' > 'back to cart' and SID in the URL is different.

Do you have any hard coded links anywhere?

-James Garrett

Board footer