Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-08-2012 15:04:58

stage

Gmail marks order confirmation emails as spam

Customers with gmail.com addresses are having their order confirmations from my site go to their spam folder.

I suspect this header is a contributing factor:
Return-Path: <anonymous@server320.com>

server320.com is the name of my host.  The From: address is correct, and replies are addressed to the proper (From) address. 

Is this anonymous Return-Path line coming from CCP or from the sendmail/whatever MTA I am using on my host?

Thanks,
Nathan

#2 05-08-2012 15:19:37

cyberws

Re: Gmail marks order confirmation emails as spam

For better results send mail through a SMTP account.  You could create an account like noreply@yourdomain.tld.  Then put those details into the installer.php (or edit the config file manually).  Also you should set up SPF's records.  Finally make sure your mail server IPs haven't been blacklisted.

http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Getting mail through is getting harder and harder.  For the best results one should use a service like smtp.com or sendgrid.com

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#3 05-08-2012 15:33:52

stage

Re: Gmail marks order confirmation emails as spam

I should have pointed out this site is CCP5.1.  I'm planning to upgrade it to CCP8 as soon as it's released.

I have this setting in Manage Program Settings:
SMTP Mail Server Name / IP OR Server Path To Sendmail *

I have this data entry:
/usr/sbin/sendmail

At this point I should probably just wait for CCP8 rather than risk breaking what I have I think.  But thanks for the input.

Nathan

Board footer