Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-13-2012 14:32:25

aspden

help my site is down

Hi

please can you help me i get the following message when I try to access my web site and control panel
i have reinstall the software but still get the same resullts

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/wwwfree/public_html/store/admin.php on line 326
Script Execution Error

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wwwfree/public_html/store/admin.php:326)
File: /core/CORE_Session/CORE_Session.php Line: 974 Error Number: 2

how do i fix it

thanks

gary

#2 04-13-2012 16:01:54

cyberws

Re: help my site is down

Your host upgraded to PHP 5.3 or PHP 5.4 and CCP isn't compatible.  My guess is you are still running CCP v6.  You either need to manually fix CCP or go back to PHP 5.2.x.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#3 04-13-2012 20:33:52

dh783
Website

Another choose is to update to ccp7.

John

#4 04-14-2012 08:46:26

aspden

Hi

i have reinstalled the software and upgrade to version 7 to the leastest verision but i still get the same results
please can some help help

#5 04-14-2012 11:46:10

cyberws

Personally I would get to a host that using PHP 5.2.x.  I am guessing CCP 8.x will be fully compatible.

That error message "Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated" means there is still code in version v7 that isn't PHP 5.3/5.4 complaint.

What you mentioned above means something like the following is being used:

$someArray = & new myClass();

That is now incorrect.  The & is no longer needed and thus it would read like the following:

$someArray =  new myClass();

Yes it is a small change by is having a huge impact on PHP scripts.  Also PHP has now released version 5.4 is causing crashes on things 5.3 would only say are warning.  The bottom line is CCP isn't fully 5.3/5.4 ready.  I am hoping CCP v8 will be.

CCP is NOT alone.  Many systems including a lot of Wordpress plugins, Joomla plugins, etc are NOT ready either.  So I repeat your best option is get a host with PHP 5.2.x.  If you run your own server or VPS downgrade PHP.

Jeremy O

Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#6 04-14-2012 11:49:05

cyberws

I will add the official PHP support page:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.o … .basic.new

Note their example:

$instance = new SimpleClass();

It NO longer has the & which is what is causing CCP to error out.  That information is straight for the "horse's" month.

Jeremy O

#7 04-14-2012 14:53:28

dh783
Website

If you updated to the current version of ccp then you may want to check the manual that might be needed for your skin, check

John

#8 04-16-2012 14:16:49

aspden

Thanks for your help but I can not even get into my admin part of my site I get the following message

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/wwwfree/public_html/store/admin.php on line 326
Script Execution Error

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wwwfree/public_html/store/admin.php:326)

my website get the following message

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/wwwfree/public_html/store/index.php on line 342
Script Execution Error

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wwwfree/public_html/store/index.php:342)

needed some help my site have been down now for 3 weeks
lossing money

thanks

gary

#9 04-16-2012 15:00:32

Dave

aspden wrote:

needed some help my site have been down now for 3 weeks
lossing money

As suggested on the main page of the fora,  and go from there.

#10 05-03-2012 09:53:25

Malachy

Hello,

I have come across this error in my CCP7 install. It is actually fairly straight forward to fix line 326 of admin.php.

Connect to your shop website via FTP, download the file admin.php and edit line 326. Comment out line 326 with '//' and add in a line below it like so:

//$core =& new CORE($xglobal_cache);
$core = new CORE($xglobal_cache);

Save the file, upload it back to your website via FTP and it should be fixed. This one line seems to be the only line affected by the PHP change discussed above.

I'm not sure about your second error regarding modifying headers already sent but maybe fixing line 326 as suggested here will clear that up too. Let us know if you still can't access your admin area.

[note to others reading this post: if your admin.php is in a different folder on your webserver for https, make sure you edit the right file admin.php (ie the one where https files are served from)]

M.

#11 05-07-2012 08:31:22

salesdesk

As Dave suggested, you can always contact us directly...

Board footer