Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-24-2012 18:29:27

tony
Website

Can we even out or adjust the UPS and Fed Ex real time shipping rates

Cant figure this out? We have both UPS and Fed ex real time shipping rates working but the UPS rates are always higher than the Fed Ex rates for the same weight and size. Our vendors will charge almost the same price between them. Our cart has a big spread on the rates between the two.

We would like to even them out so they are closer to each other. Is there a way to adjust the fed ex or UPS rates that I have not found. If you change weight or size of product then they both change but everyone will pick the lower one. UPS is nicer to us, faster and is always 3 or more dollars more than fed ex. We could just offer UPS only but then it looks like we are forcing them to use our choice.

Or could we alter some code to add an amount like $3 for every $10 increase in the order to fed ex rates. Such as a handling charge would be.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I did find this post but I just learning and was not sure if I could alter that or where to put it to experiment. https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic. … 64#p134164  Our usps rates come up even lower.

Last edited by tony (03-24-2012 18:36:51)

#2 03-26-2012 11:41:26

larry

Re: Can we even out or adjust the UPS and Fed Ex real time shipping rates

By default CCP7 codes the UPS pickup_type as UPS Store Retail Rates - which are ALWAYS higher than rates for shipping from your own location.    I think if you make the modification below, you'll see the UPS rates become much more in line with the FedEx rates returned.

In {private}/apps/ecom/ECOM_Ship/ext/upstools.php

Look for:

Code:

$pickup_type      = $this->xhtml_translate('03','ENCODE');

and replace it with

Code:

$pickup_type      = $this->xhtml_translate('01','ENCODE');

Laurie Stephens

Board footer