Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-05-2012 19:36:01

v8power
Website

Paypal Website Payments Pro Question

So let me get this straight...

Paypal Website Payments Pro

1. will check if the address is confirmed or unconfirmed only if the buyer has a paypal account.

2. will not check if the address is confirmed or unconfirmed if they don't have paypal account (people who just want to use their credit card and not sign up for paypal)

3. you are basically forced to pay $20 for the advanced fraud AVS check to confirm you are shipping to the credit card owners correct address.

Is this true?

#2 02-07-2012 12:29:18

geraldz

Re: Paypal Website Payments Pro Question

I don't know the answers to your questions.  But we just added Website Payments Pro to our site.  It allows the customer to checkout securely with a credit card without leaving our website.  It costs $30 per month.  We also get Virtual Terminal (we can enter credit cards manually, for example, if we get a phone order).  PayPal also includes a bunch of fraud management filters but I haven't looked into those yet.

This streamlines the checkout process and should help reduce abandoned shopping carts.  The customer doesn't even know that PayPal is the party handling the credit card processing.

#3 02-08-2012 00:31:19

tony
Website

Re: Paypal Website Payments Pro Question

We have pay flo pro on our website and you should know that very few sales are protected by paypal. The risk is on the seller. To get any seller protection they must pay on a paypal page like express checkout. If they are paying while on your site and passing on the data then you are not covered. If you use vertual terminal you are not protected. I think payment standard will qualify you for seller protection if the address is registered with paypal and if the order is tracked from your website and if any order over $250.00 is signed for when delivered and a few more ifs.

We just lost over 6g on a fraudulant order. No way to know if that card is stolen they will many times have all the owners info. American Express will come along up to 6 months after the transaction and yank it back on a dispute. V and MC are running 2 months behind right no on disputes. No way to check on them unless they want to fill out a credit app. They will use friends to help them convince you they are legit.

Product hijacking is where all that nice stuff on eBay comes from. Order 100 cases of tape and send it to a pack and ship and its gone in 3 days. Botom line call paypal and find out before you are surprised. With pay flow pro you have no hope.

Board footer